• Only one account per person is permitted.
• When registering, a valid email address has to be used. Disposable email addresses are not permitted. If found, we will remove the account in question.
• Keep all posts on-topic.
• All posts must be in English, unless posted in a specific international forum. If posting in a international forum, please use the language of that forum, and not English.
• Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
• Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to US law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
• Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
• Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
• Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
• Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is not allowed as Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
• Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarize the problem briefly in the subject and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g.; read this or you will be arrested;). An example of a bad subject would be “HELP ME”. A good subject might be, “Foo crashes when I do bar”. Do not use a URL as a thread title.
• Include as much information as you can when seeking help. This may include logs and command line output. Nobody will be able to help you if you don’t give sufficient detail.
• No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming.
• Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider donating to the project.
• Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
• Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
• Do not post affiliate or tracking (campaigns, etc.) links anywhere on our forum.
• Must be setup in your Profile (user Control Panel) and not manually added to your messages.
• May not contain any commercial advertising details such as pricing, sales, product etc. details.
• May include two clickable links. URL’s or mailto: – No duplicate links
• Only exact URLs are allowed. No tiny URL, affiliate links etc.
• May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted as a color.
• Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
• Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
• May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self-promotion
• Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
• Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or our staff, are prohibited.
• We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
At all times:
• Keep all commentary civil and be courteous at all times.
Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other
users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting
language will not be tolerated.
• No commercial advertising is permitted.
• When recommending an extension or other product to help a user solve their issue, you must disclose any affiliations you may have with the company or group that authors that particular product. This includes but is not limited to: any paid or non-paid relationships past or present, receiving any promotional products or services, or any other similar information.
• Any posts deemed to be self-promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM – NO ADVERTISING e.g. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self-promotion.
• This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement for custom development or to be a ‘wall of shame’. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please.
• If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report this post’ link to notify the moderators.
• These forums are centered on computers, technology and cybersecurity. They are not a place to promote ideological, religious, or political matters. All such discussions will be deleted/closed.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.