Your Voodooshield setup

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions Your Voodooshield setup

Participant
    NL
    What is your Voodooshield setup? paired with Microsoft defender or other third party AV?

Please share your tips and tricks.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
    Telos
    Participant
    none
    I will if you will 😁
    Baldrick
    none
    Third party IS…but works fine with Windows Defender.
    pkillpeers
    Participant
    PT
    Hi guys!

I just got rid of Kaspersky. I’m running VS with windows defender. I think it’s more than enough

Baldrick
    none
    If you are doing that then I recommend that you take a look at ConfigureDefender…it provides access to some really cool features that one cannot get to via the standard delivered functionality in WD.

Regards, Baldrick

Geri123
    Participant
    none
    Maybe even take a look at Hard-Configurator.com which has configure defender included and some other nice stuff. Same Dev as Configure Defender (Andy Ful) and lots of extra option to tweak security.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Geri123.
    oldschool
    none
    Hard_Configurator has different hardening profiles that offer default-deny or default-allow, and incorporates forced Smartscreen.

Also:

ConfigureDefender GUI to easily access Windows Defender’s advanced settings,

Firewall Hardening Tool – guess what? it hardens Windows Firewall.

Documents Anti-Exploit – protects MS Office and Adobe

All in one simple package, plus an update with new feature which is being tested now so release shouldn’t be far behind.

Stay safe, not paranoid!
    Baldrick
    none
    The problem with Hard-Configurator is that you have to install it whilst running ConfigureDefender is portable and so does not need installation, ergo no messing with ones system’s Registry.
    SudoJudo
    none
    I pair VS (5.03B beta) with a third party, lightweight AV that is basically a raw signature AV with strong privacy policy and a distinct lack of logging.. It’s not one on VirusTotal, but actually has some excellent signatures and is well under the radar of most intelligence organizations because there just isn’t enough people using it to garner any attention. Also the company has a policy to detect state sponsored malware.

So my goal is, a good light signature based, basic AV to compliment computer locking and exploit protection from VoodooShield. So far the combination is exceptionally nice, especially with WLC added to the mix. Combined with Gryphon Router and some other network based security, I am confident of the protection. (even from State Actors)

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    At the moment running Ziggo Safe Online 17.7 (F-Secure Safe) with VoodooShield 5.04 in AutoPilot Mode and WhitelistCloud 1.04. All running without any problems, but not sure if WhitelistCloud is needed with VoodooShield.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.