whitelistcloud.com takes forever for one file

Forums WhitelistCloud Support Forum General WhitelistCloud Discussions whitelistcloud.com takes forever for one file

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Dan.
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan, the whitelistcloud from the website got problems to analyse one file.
    It’s from bandizip portable: ark.x64.dll, 629136a695dddb09fd290b081a36dfb2aed07415fcafe93e06716d7e81313a8b
    WLC gets to no result even after 10 minutes.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you for letting me know!  It should be fixed now, can you please try again and let me know how it goes?
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    Hi Dan, Any way to allow VS and I assume it’s WLC that’s scans files on Boot up to allow Windows to boot faster? It’s much slower on boot up but kept forgetting to say something. I had to uninstall VS and rebooted and it was a very fast boot up so it came to mind again! Installed VS and it’s slow to boot up again.

TH

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    More info Dan on Boot up this morning!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Triple Helix.
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    Works now, thanks Dan.
    Searchlight
    Participant
    Dan,

The WLC Analysis problem still exists in v6. 0. I downloaded Microsoft Edge Canary a 89 Mb file, and WLC hung on Analysis for over 10 mins. When I right clicked file in the GUI, there was no manual way to whitelist the file as safe.

I had to deactivate WLC. If Analysis is not quick, for me imo it becomes useless.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Triple Helix: Hi Dan, Any way to allow VS and I assume it’s WLC that’s scans files on Boot up to allow Windows to boot faster? It’s much slower on boot up but kept forgetting to say something. I had to uninstall VS and rebooted and it was a very fast boot up so it came to mind again! Installed VS and it’s slow to boot up again.

TH

The next release of VS will start the WLC start up scan 1 minute after VS fully loads, so this might fix the issue.  I will release this version in a day or so.  Do you remember what version of VS was the first version to cause your computer to boot slow?  Did 5.78 work okay?  Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Searchlight: Dan,

The WLC Analysis problem still exists in v6. 0. I downloaded Microsoft Edge Canary a 89 Mb file, and WLC hung on Analysis for over 10 mins. When I right clicked file in the GUI, there was no manual way to whitelist the file as safe.

I had to deactivate WLC. If Analysis is not quick, for me imo it becomes useless.

It sounds like there is probably a way to optimize this, but I need to understand exactly what happened in order to do so.

Do you mean the WLC analysis on the VS user prompt took over 10 mins?  You should be able to click Allow on the user prompt, then VS should continue to upload the file in the background to that it will appear properly in Settings once the analysis is finished.  Thank you!

Searchlight
    Participant
    Dan,

When this happens where the WLC icon turns Red, and the GUI lists not safe files, you provide an option to right click, and manually whitelist.

However, when WLC is Analyzing a file, and one right clicks, the WLC gui appears with identifying info but no option to manually whitelist is present.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Searchlight: Dan,

When this happens where the WLC icon turns Red, and the GUI lists not safe files, you provide an option to right click, and manually whitelist.

However, when WLC is Analyzing a file, and one right clicks, the WLC gui appears with identifying info but no option to manually whitelist is present.

I am certain this is an easy fix, but I am still not exactly sure what you mean.  Can you please post a screenshot or two so we can be on the same page?  Thank you!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.