WLC Standalone?

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    I really do have to get going, but I wanted to answer this real quick…

Yeah, here is the standalone version… http://www.whitelistcloud.com/Download/InstallWhitelistCloud.exe

I seriously miss having that little app on my system.  The VS / WLC integration is more robust because it uses the kernel mode driver, but there was something about that little app that I loved.

We will continue to offer the standalone version for free, for the foreseeable future.  But the goal is to turn it into an app for SMB / Enterprise clients who already have a solution they are happy with, but simply want to know that only safe files are running on their networks and endpoints.  So basically, the SMB / Enterprise version will be more of a sensor, and possibly without a GUI, and will simply report back to the Web Management Console to let admins know if something other than safe files are running on their systems, well, and to temporarily create firewall rules until the items are determined to be safe.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Deleted.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by Krusty.
    greenhat
    Participant
    Hi Dan, I brought this up in the VS 4.50 forum, but can there be a free version of VS where even WLC is free? It can be just like free VS, with limited options for tweaking but all the crucial functions available. I know that you have already been extra generous and I even have a 1 year license free since last year, but as my dear mother always said – if you never ask, the answer will always be no. I promise to take well whatever you say 🙂
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

greenhat: Hi Dan, I brought this up in the VS 4.50 forum, but can there be a free version of VS where even WLC is free? It can be just like free VS, with limited options for tweaking but all the crucial functions available. I know that you have already been extra generous and I even have a 1 year license free since last year, but as my dear mother always said – if you never ask, the answer will always be no. I promise to take well whatever you say 🙂

Link to free WLC is available from Dan’s post two entry before your post.

"Today is yesterday's future"

paulderdash
    Participant
    Is Whitelist Cloud 1.06 beta still the latest version, and does it still work as a standalone app?

Can it still be used for free? I have licenses for VoodooShield.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

paulderdash: Is Whitelist Cloud 1.06 beta still the latest version, and does it still work as a standalone app?

Can it still be used for free? I have licenses for VoodooShield.

Yeah, that is the current version and it is available and still free ;).

paulderdash
    Participant
    Dan, I can only urge you to continue this as a standalone app, and keep it available to home users.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Yes, that is the plan, especially for the foreseeable future ;).
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.