win 7 after jan 2020 -will you still use it

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions win 7 after jan 2020 -will you still use it

Participant
    none
    win7 64bit, VS5.0.4, sandboxie5.30, norton securityv22, firefox 71.0/UBO, Decentraleyes, norton safe web, IPVanish vpn, mbam-on demand.  just wondering about other win7 users thoughts on using after 1-2020. thanks.  i’ve never had an issue with malware with this setup and hope it stays that way. i like win7 and plan on using it for a long time.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    I wouldn’t want to use any PC connected to the internet after MS stops patching security risks. Do online banking and get infected> tell the bank it was on windows 7 don’t think you will like the answer from them.
    I think you can still upgrade to win 10 for free. Better have an backup ready in case something goes wrong.
    As much as I hate win 10 I wouldn’t want to get stuck on an OS without security patches.
    Participant
    none
    my bad-i should have stated i have a win10 also for sensitive matters.  win10 64bit, VS5.0.4, OSarmor1.43, sandboxie5.33.1, windows defender, firefox 71 w/UBO, Decentraleyes, IPvanish vpn, mbam-on demand. the win7 has been my workhorse/main machine(its hooked up to my tv) and win10 used for about an hour every morning. i also have old laptop with linux mx-17. thanks for your reply
    gorblimey
    Participant
    none
    Why would I not?

Win10 seems to behave like a class-full of monkeys, and let’s face it, any OS that does not offer the Windows Classic Desktop just isn’t worth wasting good time on.

When my box dies, hopefully ReactOS will have at least reached Beta and I can have my cake and eat it too.

Microsoft did give us one superb piece of protection, IF you use a good GUI: Windows Firewall is probably the Best in Class, and with Glasswire or Windows Firewall Control it can be configured properly: all outbound blocked.  So with VS and an on-demand scanner and a couple of other tools, security is pretty well sorted…  And I don’t get Edge 🙂

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    I switched to windows 10 in late 2018.

If you use windows 7 after it’s not supported, you’re going to have to worry about exploits pretty soon thereafter. And after awhile, the applications you use are going to be incompatible with windows 7 because the devs will be more focused on catering to windows 10 users.

Windows 10 is buggy, but places like ten forums, bleeping computer and lots of people on youtube will be broadcasting solutions to problems you’ll face. I’ve heard that the update to 1909 went without a hitch for most people. Unlike the last two major build version updates.

|VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| ComodoFW-Beta(Free)| HitManPro.Alert!(Paid)|
    bellgamin
    Participant
    US
    I’m on 7 & I image — what’s to worry?
    Chuck58
    Participant
    I bit the bullet and made the switch to Win 10 Pro several months ago. My wife refuses to leave 7 Pro because she needs and uses some ancient software that isn’t even made any more, and refuses to part with it. She knows this old software inside out and doesn’t want to learn another brand.

So, we’re securing her computer with VS and and she’ll continue with 7 Pro. A plus, she isn’t online that much anyway, so ought to be okay

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.