Which AVs work best or incompatible with VS?

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions Which AVs work best or incompatible with VS?

Participant
    Hi

Great to join this new forum, can anyone advise which AVs work best or are incompatible with VS?

I look at KIS(kaspersky), Eset IS, Emsisoft AM

Skry

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    I have yet to find an AV that is incompatible with VS… if anyone knows of one, please let everyone know!

The three you mentioned are amazing and work incredibly well with VS.  If I had to choose between all of the AV’s, it would be quite difficult because there are so many amazing AV’s.  I personally just run Windows Defender, VS and WhitelistCloud, but at some point I might add a free lightweight AV like Kaspersky Free.  Then again, WC scans my system every 5 minutes and ensures that only known safe files are running at any given time, so it might be a while before I add another layer.

Thrllskr
    Participant
    NL
    Emsisoft, Vipre Deluxe, Kaspersky security cloud, Malwarebytes, Cylance Smart AV, Avast, and Sophos Home Premium i can confirm it works. Eset 12.0+ no problems. But they just released a new version so i don’t know, but i guess it still working.

9 of 10 times Voodooshield kicked in before the AV even had a change.

Only thing i read on MT forum that Voodooshield blocked Panda Cloud Free installer, but Cylance for example also quarantine some files when i tested it with Panda Dome Deluxe.

Skry
    Participant
    Thanks Dan, Thrllskr !

So no need for enhanced firewall like Comodo/Sphinx etc?

My main systems still on Windows 7 Pro(not comfortable with Windows 10Pro, yet).

Will proceed to test out VS with KIS & Emsisoft(currently on Webroot SA Complete).

Cheers

Skry

gorblimey
    Participant
    none

Skry:
    So no need for enhanced firewall like Comodo/Sphinx etc?

A-a-a-hhh, why bother when Win7 already has a top-of-the-range firewall built-in? Just go to Binisoft and install that to take advantage of Windows Firewall’s full feature set, and you have the best security with absolutely no incompatibilities at all.

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    I’ve used the 3 av you mentioned all aok with VS, most currently with eset, which I’m finding I like the best!

Also use with windows defender on win10_pro_vm.

Don’t forget to install WhitelistCloud too.

pkillpeers
    Participant
    PT
    I reinstalled windows 10 pro 2 days ago, to start a fresh clean system.

I’m using VS with windows defender + binisoft WFC.

For on-demans scans: EEK and Hitman pro.

So far, all stable and my system is flying.

Baldrick
    none
    The key thing about VS & WLC is that they are designed to sit well/complement a more traditionl AM/AV/IS secutity application. I have yet to find a clash with any that I have tested with.
    Lightning_Brian
    Participant
    US
    We can add in Norton into this mix as well. I know Bitdefender works well with VS too! Like others have said I have yet to see any AV that didn’t work well with VS.

Dan keep up the great work man!

~Brian

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.