VoodooShield 5.70

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.70

Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, VoodooForums is not working well at all.  It is built on wordpress / bbpress and I have read that these types of issues are typical with bbpress.

So I updated the entire site and started this new topic to see if it is working better.  If not, we will either have to chose another platform, or maybe since most of the development and debugging for VS is finished, we figure out another way to communicate.

BTW, I just checked my PM’s and it seems as though I missed a lot of PM’s the last 5 months, sorry about that.  I always forget to check my PM’s anyway, so it is best to email me at support at voodooshield.com.

Anyway, let’s try this thread and see how it does now that everything is updated.

Thank you guys!

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 313 total)
  • Replies
    Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Hope that you are taking a bit of a break sometime soon?

Over the top install undertaken and so far no issues.

To answer your question; based on what you have stated I feel that we should not keep it the way it is, i.e., initial VoodooAi results are displayed while the WLC scan is running. I believe that waiting until the WLC verdict is returned, then displaying the result, makes more sense to me, especailly if all we are getting now re. new sample & VT is “quick and dirty scan, so they are not always the most accurate”.

Just my view…of course.

Have a great weekend.

Regards, Baldrick

Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Baldrick: Hi Dan

Hope that you are taking a bit of a break sometime soon?

Over the top install undertaken and so far no issues.

To answer your question; based on what you have stated I feel that we should not keep it the way it is, i.e., initial VoodooAi results are displayed while the WLC scan is running. I believe that waiting until the WLC verdict is returned, then displaying the result, makes more sense to me, especailly if all we are getting now re. new sample & VT is “quick and dirty scan, so they are not always the most accurate”.

Just my view…of course.

Have a great weekend.

Regards, Baldrick

I agree with Baldrick as well!

Have a great weekend Dano!

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    I agree as well, thank you guys!  The next version is almost ready, then I will catch up on everything asap, thank you!
    Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Quick update on 5.98b…am I missing something or perhaps being dense…but since installing (over the top) I am seeing virtually no offers to create a Rule…just Block or Allow?

Has something changed that I have missed?

Regards, Baldrick

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Yeah, that feature is hidden for now… we can bring it back if everyone wants, but I was just trying to simplify the user prompt as much as possible.  Obviously you can still create rules in VS Settings, but I just kinda figured that not many people used that combobox, and the less confusing the user prompt is to the user, the better.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys… I am totally worn out so it is time for a break but I really will catch up on the posts and emails asap.

Here is the next version, I think we are getting very close, but please let me know if you find anything we need to change.

VS 5.98a beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield598abeta.exe
    SHA-256: f0e6b828671116ecec4ad62452eb4e6cea726516283c780c40b48ccf4aa61e33

Thank you guys!

Baldrick
    Participant
    none

Dan: Yeah, that feature is hidden for now… we can bring it back if everyone wants, but I was just trying to simplify the user prompt as much as possible.  Obviously you can still create rules in VS Settings, but I just kinda figured that not many people used that combobox, and the less confusing the user prompt is to the user, the better.

Hi Dan

Thanks for the heads up. Personally I used to use the rules option a lot…but understand where you are coming from. Might there be some way to allow access to the functionality to allow rule building inflight as previously; perhaps an option in settings to enable the option or nopt, with the default set to ‘Off’? 

If you agree then perhaps you could put that on the wish list for the future. It is no biggie but might be a nice one to introduce at a  lter stage in v6?

Cheers, Baldrick

Mr.GumP
    Participant
    none
    5.98b runs great, however, has anyone noticed a slight delay when switching to the WLC tab?
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    Where is the link for 5.98b? I’m still running 5.98a
    |VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| Sandboxie Plus, by Xanasoft| HitManPro.Alert!(Paid)|
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    You are running the latest Beta! VS 5.98a beta
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Mr.GumP
    Participant
    none

Mr.GumP: 5.98b runs great, however, has anyone noticed a slight delay when switching to the WLC tab?

5.98a seems to have fixed this

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, here is the latest VS 6.0, I think it is ready for public release.  You will notice that the prompts (especially the VoodooAi and WLC results) will make a heck of a lot more sense now.

I also added a CommandLineCloud feature.  One of the biggest issues with deny-by-default is handling command lines properly, and often there is not enough file insight to provide the user to give them the best recommendation.  So what CommandLineCloud does is automatically add blocked command lines to our database, and I will review and either approve or deny them, that way the next time a user encounters a command line block, it will be handled automatically and properly.  So in a couple of months, you should see and even further reduction of command line blocks.  Over the years we have figured out how to reduce them pretty well, but this will reduce the blocks much further.

I really will catch up on everything I missed asap… I am finally at a good stopping point with the code but I have several other things that I need to real quick.

VS 5.98b beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield598bbeta.exe
    SHA-256: 0810d8ee08d476e93d58e3d5b6fd3108f1a18fff4bf5b6a52dd2187f683fcec7

Thank you guys for all of your help, please let me know if you find anything!

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Thanks for that…sounds like a great new feature…I will install as a clean install.

Quick question; will the new feature take account of the currently logged command line in VS or is it best to clear them so that anything coming up from post install is captured?

Regards, Baldrick

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    On 5.98a beta WLC did recognize Brave update, no Not Safe warning anymore.

Installed 5.98b beta over the top without issues.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Hi @VecchioScarpone,

I finally noticed your PM and have replied.  Sorry for the lengthy delay, but I’m still not receiving notifications from here, so unless I go looking I don’t know anyone has sent one.

Sorry about that.

Dan,

Latest beta installed over the top and running fine here.

Cheers!

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 313 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.