VoodooShield 5.70

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.70

Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, VoodooForums is not working well at all.  It is built on wordpress / bbpress and I have read that these types of issues are typical with bbpress.

So I updated the entire site and started this new topic to see if it is working better.  If not, we will either have to chose another platform, or maybe since most of the development and debugging for VS is finished, we figure out another way to communicate.

BTW, I just checked my PM’s and it seems as though I missed a lot of PM’s the last 5 months, sorry about that.  I always forget to check my PM’s anyway, so it is best to email me at support at voodooshield.com.

Anyway, let’s try this thread and see how it does now that everything is updated.

Thank you guys!

Viewing 15 replies - 376 through 390 (of 455 total)
  • Replies
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU

Dan: We will be closing the forums in the next couple of days. All of the longtime VS supporters, please email me with the subject “VS beta test group”. We will create a closed beta test group and I can email you when a new beta version is released. Thank you!

Dan, I am very sorry to hear that.  I guess I shall send you an email.

Alexhousek
    Participant
    “Sorry cobber, but I have to revert to v6.0.  The 6.1.1 is simply too complicated, and does not follow the model of a simple toggling computer lock.”

I think I’m going to revert back as well.  Where might I find the 6.0 installation file?

Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Dan: We will be closing the forums in the next couple of days. All of the longtime VS supporters, please email me with the subject “VS beta test group”. We will create a closed beta test group and I can email you when a new beta version is released. Thank you!

What email address do you want us to use? I know a few of us have your personal email address but if others ask?

Thanks Buddy!

VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    For now let’s use support at voodooshield.com.  We might set up another email address later, but that will work for now.  BTW, thank you to everyone who has emailed me so far… I will email you guys in a few days once we get the new beta test group up and running.

The main reason we are closing VF is because VS is extremely close to being bug free, and we need to focus on fixing the few real bugs that remain, as opposed to user configuration issues.  VS has grown tremendously the last few months and I need to focus on certain things and for now not be playing around on forums.

Maybe one day we can reopen a new forum, but for the time being this one really does not serve a purpose since most of the bugs are fixed, and that was pretty much all we did on here.  Thank you guys!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Alexhousek: “Sorry cobber, but I have to revert to v6.0.  The 6.1.1 is simply too complicated, and does not follow the model of a simple toggling computer lock.”

I think I’m going to revert back as well.  Where might I find the 6.0 installation file?

I have no idea how he is using VS 6.00… that version expired on December 31st, 2020.  VS 6.11 is incredibly close to being bug free, you really should be using that version, and it is no more complicated than 6.00, it is essentially the same, with minor bug fixes and refinements.

The bug you have is probably super simple to fix.  Please send me your whitelist.db and DeveloperLog.log from the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield folder and I will fix it for the next version.  This bug has probably already been fixed, but I can verify once you send me those 2 files.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, here is the last beta I will probably post on here.  There were quite a few small changes, but there should not be any major bugs.  Please let me know if you find anything!

VS 6.12
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield612.exe
    SHA-256: 873752461ff8bfd348cff4d3470193b0d5c7543af47b9fa39742a9723f38ae66

I am going to email the VS beta testers now, so if you do not get an email from me, either check your spam folder or let me know.  Thank you!

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    Where will the betas be posted from now on?
    |VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| SecureAPlus(Paid,Pro)| SandboxiePlus, By Xanasoft| HitManPro.ALERT!(Paid)|
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    I will probably post one more in a day or so, which should be the final public release for the old code base.

The new code, which has all been converted to C#, will be available for beta in a week or two.  I was anticipating a couple of bugs, but so far it is humming.  I would release it as a beta now, but there are a few things I need to finish up.  But anyway, the initial beta release of the version with the converted code should be private for at least a couple of days.

I have actually been converting and cleaning up the code for several months now, all the while fixing the bugs in the old code base, so that when I did the final conversion a few weeks ago, everything would go smoothly.  So it really is not exactly old code either ;).

But anyway, this is one of the big reasons why VS is so close to being actually bug free.  And seriously, once VS is bug free, I really do not see a reason to keep this forum open, unless you guys can think of a reason ;).

The next step after the code conversion is modernizing the GUI, which should not introduce hardly any new bugs at all.

Thank you guys!

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Ooooooh, modernising the GUI…sounds interesting. It is pretty good now so will be interesting to see what thoughts you have on that.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Baldrick: Ooooooh, modernising the GUI…sounds interesting. It is pretty good now so will be interesting to see what thoughts you have on that.

Well, I would prefer to keep it simple and professional… no flying robot cartoons or anything.  The current design is based on Windows 8… it was basically designed to blend right into Windows 8, which is not extremely different from Windows 10.  I would like to have a modern responsive gui though, so who knows ;).

Here is the latest version.  It should be the last version and public release based on the old code base.  There should not be any bugs, but if you find anything please let me know!

VS 6.20
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield620.exe
    SHA-256: 22a19e0afb45fb6abb403d378d412d0436db65b3c397d56ca6023e3f7c115c67

Thank you guys!

gorblimey
    Participant
    none

Well, I would prefer to keep it simple and professional… no flying robot cartoons or anything.

We-e-e-ellll, you could borrow/be inspired by/steal the WFC GUI…

Attachments:

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    Alexhousek
    Participant
    Has anyone else had any issues with the Voodooshield blue shield/icon staying visible while playing a Steam game?  It’s annoying.  I recently purchased Star Wars Fallen and every time I start/run the game, the Voodooshield blue shield shows up in the game.  On a couple of occasions, while moving around in the game, I’ve hit the shield and I am instantly popped out of the game.  I’ve not had this happen before with other Steam games and/or other Voodooshield versions (6.12).  Is there a setting for hiding that blue shield?
    vertigo
    Participant
    Tried VS out a couple years ago and just started using it on a fresh install and I’ve been having some problems with it.

First, quite often when I try to run or scan a file, VS takes a long time to scan it, anywhere from half a minute to a few minutes or longer. Meanwhile, I can request a second opinion and get the results instantly in most cases or in a few seconds in the slowest case so far. One time, I had to just cancel the scan because it was taking so long.

Second, I keep setting a custom command line rule and it keeps going away. I re-added the “Open Command Window Here” entry to the explorer context menu via the registry, which uses the command

“powershell.exe” -windowstyle hidden -command “start-process cmd -argumentlist ‘/s,/k,pushd,{path}’ -verb runas”

where {path} is the current folder, but the problem is every time I use it in a new folder, VS flags it because the path has changed. So I edited one of the rules and replaced {path} with an asterisk (*), at which point it showed me the other rules that had been created in other folders saying they were no longer needed (very cool) and I removed them, but then before very long at all VS was flagging it again, and checking the rules the one I made with the * was gone. I’ve created it at least twice, and it keeps disappearing. I don’t know if this is a bug or a limitation of the free version (which would be fine, I guess, though it should make it clear and not allow you to make a custom rule if it’s going to just remove it). But it makes using VS unbearable. Also, a really neat addition would be to have VS automatically see similarities between multiple commands and offer a blanket solution to the user. For example, it could have seen that I was creating multiple rules that were identical save for that one string and suggested a rule with the string replaced with an asterisk, at which point I could say yes and have it do it and remove all the redundant rules automatically. Same goes for another situation I find very frustrating, where I’ll be working on a batch file and every time I make any modifications, it changes the file and flags it when I try running it, making testing a hassle. After a file is allowed, if it’s changed and flagged again, it should offer to create a rule to always allow that particular path\file, as well as providing the option to make the rule time-limited (1 hour, 1 day, etc).

Third, when typing into the search bar at the top to filter the rules, when one is deleted, it shouldn’t clear the search.

Fourth, after searching/filtering and deleting a rule a couple times, when I clicked in the search box to retype the search, it didn’t clear the light-colored “Search…” text in the box like normal, and my typing wasn’t dark like normal, but rather the “Search…” remained and my typing was light-colored as well (see attached image).

And fifth, if the settings window is open and in the background, trying to open it by double-clicking on the icon or right-clicking the icon and selecting “VoodooShield Settings” doesn’t bring the window into focus.

Also, and maybe these are options in the paid version:

– When something is blocked, I think I’d prefer to just immediately see the main pop-up instead of the balloon, since 99% of the time it’s because of something I’m trying to run, so I just have to click the balloon anyways, which is just one more step. And if it’s not something I’m trying to run, I’d still prefer the larger pop-up, not only for having one less step, but also to draw my attention more so a) I can see what’s trying to do something that maybe it shouldn’t be and b) I don’t miss something important that ends up being blocked unintentionally.

– When viewing details in the pop-up, it should allow you to copy them.

– The “Report False Positive” checkbox should be above the “Allow” button instead of the “Block” button.

– There should be a button or link in the pop-up to take the user into the applicable part of settings with the item’s details filled out for creating a custom entry (as discussed above).

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Alex

Right click on the Shield and click ‘Hide Desktop Shield’.

Regards, Baldrick

Alexhousek
    Participant
    Thanks Baldrick!  I’ve been using VS for well over a year or more and I’m just now learning about that?!

Sorry, I’m a little slow on the uptick….  🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 376 through 390 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.