VoodooShield 5.70

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.70

Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, VoodooForums is not working well at all.  It is built on wordpress / bbpress and I have read that these types of issues are typical with bbpress.

So I updated the entire site and started this new topic to see if it is working better.  If not, we will either have to chose another platform, or maybe since most of the development and debugging for VS is finished, we figure out another way to communicate.

BTW, I just checked my PM’s and it seems as though I missed a lot of PM’s the last 5 months, sorry about that.  I always forget to check my PM’s anyway, so it is best to email me at support at voodooshield.com.

Anyway, let’s try this thread and see how it does now that everything is updated.

Thank you guys!

Viewing 15 replies - 346 through 360 (of 411 total)
  • Replies
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Thanks Dan.

Installed over the top, smooth…

Season greetings to one and all.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

VecchioScarpone: Thanks Dan.

Installed over the top, smooth…

Season greetings to one and all.

Thank you, seasons greetings to you as well!

Mr.GumP
    Participant
    none
    installed over the top as well and running well. Happy New Year!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very cool, thank you Mr.GumP!

Hey guys, here is the public release, we are going to release it tomorrow or Tuesday, thank you for all of your help! There were a couple of small bug fixes in this version, but I think we should be good to go. This will be the last release for a little while since I am working on converting all of the code to C#, so VS will only use C and C#, instead of 4-5. The conversion has made the code super clean and we are almost to the point of VS once again being pretty much bug free. VS 6.0 had a lot of changes so it introduced quite a few bugs, but we are back on track now.

VS 6.10

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield610.exe

SHA-256: 610d1fe49fb85d11de1dad90bf73d842ad535a6c4ea13e6b625867e8429139f7

Have a great week, thank you guys!

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Wow, Dan

Do you ever rest…at all? Constantly improving and optimising the best security app out there…kudos.

Please do get some rest over the Festive period.

Have install 6.10 over the top and needless to say…no issues/working smoothly here.

Will give a run through later today and post back if I spot anything…but as I do not expect to may I wish you a Peaceful & Prosperous New Year…in advance.

And perhaps next year in Las Vegas…all things allowing.

Respect, Baldrick

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Baldrick… I actually like writing code, it is kind of like working on a puzzle or something.  Besides, Gracie is really good about not letting me work too much and making sure that we spend plenty of time at the dog park ;).

Here is the latest… I waited a half a day or so to post it because I wanted to make sure it really is going to be the final public release (for now ;)).

VS 6.11
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield611.exe
    SHA-256: 0dea773f6435e58a4451ff81dc5daa62f7af0d5820372568cc9cba218c25c146

Thank you guys, happy new year!

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Thanks for the further update. Installed and as per usual running really well here.

Onow what you mean abouty coding…I started out as a programmer (as we were called then) but left that behind long ago. Am toying with starting up again when I eventually retire…but with there now being some many languages out there it will be a tough decision as which to choose from.

Anyway, glad to see that you have been taken in hand so that you do not over do it.

Wishing you well over the New Year Festivities…do really take it easy then.

Resapect, Baldrick

gorblimey
    Participant
    none
    Dan old son, it’s a bit early for the compulsory upgrade don’t you think?

Please, let us get over the exitement of a new year to a place we can think clearly?  I suggest VS could look at our local time rather than a hard-coded date or elapsed time.  January 3 would be sufficient to to get us over that celibratory feeling 😛

Attachments:

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Very Happy New Year to all, from the future (Australia)!  🙂
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Baldrick: Hi Dan

Thanks for the further update. Installed and as per usual running really well here.

Onow what you mean abouty coding…I started out as a programmer (as we were called then) but left that behind long ago. Am toying with starting up again when I eventually retire…but with there now being some many languages out there it will be a tough decision as which to choose from.

Anyway, glad to see that you have been taken in hand so that you do not over do it.

Wishing you well over the New Year Festivities…do really take it easy then.

Resapect, Baldrick

Thank you, Happy New Year to you guys too!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

gorblimey: Dan old son, it’s a bit early for the compulsory upgrade don’t you think?

Please, let us get over the exitement of a new year to a place we can think clearly?  I suggest VS could look at our local time rather than a hard-coded date or elapsed time.  January 3 would be sufficient to to get us over that celibratory feeling 😛

Hmmm, that’s odd, you must be running an older version of VS.  I just released 6.11 to the public, so please try that one and see if the issue is fixed.  Usually people will not see this message because I always update the expiration date in the new versions, and they will usually have upgraded by then.  Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Krusty: Very Happy New Year to all, from the future (Australia)!  🙂

Thank you, Happy New Year everyone!

gorblimey
    Participant
    none

… you must be running an older version of VS.

Er… v6.0?

But I’ll download 6.11 tomorrow, then wait for next year 😛

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    smf61
    Participant
    One minor annoyance I still have is cosmetic.  If you have a left side vertical taskbar in Windows 10 and right-click on the VS icon then the pop-up menu appears in the right corner (on the other side of the screen) where the icon would have been if you had the default bottom taskbar.  Weird?
    gorblimey
    Participant
    none
    Installed v6.11 in Admin as upgrade over the top chose “Use same settings for all users”, restarted, then wiped the whitelist, user logs and command lines.

Played with it a bit, setting it up, returned to my UA and played some more.

Dan, we need an upgraded user manual.  I did not expect to see “Silently Blocked” in the User Log, and it was disconcerting to to see VS simply blocking things without asking (Smart:Aggressive), but simply flashing the System Tray icon.

I will have to uninstall and reinstall, but I need to know what the app is doing and why.  This is getting disconcertingly very complex, more than a “simple toggle” should be.

Viewing 15 replies - 346 through 360 (of 411 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.