VoodooShield 5.70

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.70

Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, VoodooForums is not working well at all.  It is built on wordpress / bbpress and I have read that these types of issues are typical with bbpress.

So I updated the entire site and started this new topic to see if it is working better.  If not, we will either have to chose another platform, or maybe since most of the development and debugging for VS is finished, we figure out another way to communicate.

BTW, I just checked my PM’s and it seems as though I missed a lot of PM’s the last 5 months, sorry about that.  I always forget to check my PM’s anyway, so it is best to email me at support at voodooshield.com.

Anyway, let’s try this thread and see how it does now that everything is updated.

Thank you guys!

Viewing 9 replies - 301 through 309 (of 309 total)
  • Replies
    Mr.GumP
    Participant
    none

smf61: I’m OK with the forum going.  Only a few people use it and it must cost money and time to maintain as well as the issues it seems to have.  Surely setting up a free discussion alternative such as  IRC or Discord would be more cost effective for what the few users need?

ya true, i agree

Tarnak
    Participant
    Whilst it is good to be able to e-mail Dan direct, I would prefer that when I have a problem with VS to post about it in the forum.

That way we all get to see if the problem is a common one, or [just] exclusive to one.

But, [whatever] we all get to learn something. So, I hope the forum continues…

P.S. Installed latest beta:

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you guys for your input, I appreciate it!  There is no huge rush to close the site, and cost is not an issue at all.  It’s just that all this time pretty much all we have ever done on this site and others is add new features and debug VS.  And we are pretty much finished with both of these for the time being.  I will continue to make little usability tweaks but this is not going to to create any significant bugs.  Well, that, and let’s be honest, forums are long past their golden age of a couple of years ago.

We can leave it up for now and see how it goes.  Thank you guys for all of your help, have a great weekend!

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    @Krusty

Pls check your PM.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    I can’t quote again. for some reason.

PM read and replied to.  🙂

Cheers.

Tarnak
    Participant
    My VS has started to become unresponsive to right click on it’s  tray icon, so I will need to reboot all the time to get it to work again. Not very practical to do this when VS becomes unresponsive, i.e. locks up.

P.S.  I was running a third party uninstaller at the time, but it couldn’t proceed as per my screenshot. Hence the need to reboot, now.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Tarnak: My VS has started to become unresponsive to right click on it’s  tray icon, so I will need to reboot all the time to get it to work again. Not very practical to do this when VS becomes unresponsive, i.e. locks up.

P.S.  I was running a third party uninstaller at the time, but it couldn’t proceed as per my screenshot. Hence the need to reboot, now.

Thank you for letting me know, can you please email me your C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield\DeveloperLog.log file?

Honestly, it is probably an incompatibility with the other security software installed on your system, but I can take a look at the logs to see if there is a bug that can be fixed.  Thank you!

Tarnak
    Participant
    @Dan

Log sent a few minutes ago.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Tarnak: @Dan

Log sent a few minutes ago.

Thank you!

We should have a final VS 6.0 version in the next couple of days once Alex finishes up a few things on the Web Management Console.

Also, not that you guys need to ever purchase a license, but we are having a 50% off VS Pro Black Friday sale that started today.

Viewing 9 replies - 301 through 309 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.