VoodooShield 5.70

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.70

Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, VoodooForums is not working well at all.  It is built on wordpress / bbpress and I have read that these types of issues are typical with bbpress.

So I updated the entire site and started this new topic to see if it is working better.  If not, we will either have to chose another platform, or maybe since most of the development and debugging for VS is finished, we figure out another way to communicate.

BTW, I just checked my PM’s and it seems as though I missed a lot of PM’s the last 5 months, sorry about that.  I always forget to check my PM’s anyway, so it is best to email me at support at voodooshield.com.

Anyway, let’s try this thread and see how it does now that everything is updated.

Thank you guys!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 192 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Cool, thank you for letting me know!  Yeah, we could show a progress bar but on a 30mb download it goes pretty quick ;).  It’s funny because the dependencies take up most of the 30 mb and VS takes up 7.6 mb.

Yeah, I am having the same issue with our forum and logging in at the bottom of the page worked really well for me as well, thank you for mentioning that!

We are in a bit of a holding pattern because I have a few things working, but some point soon we will either have a new site or we will figure something else out.  Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, we released VS 5.78 to the public last night.  Also, I have been playing around on VS’s Facebook page.  I was never a fan of social media but I am kind of digging Facebook.  Here is our page if you want to check it out… https://www.facebook.com/VoodooSoft
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    Hey I posted and it didn’t show?? Also Mod is gone again….

I don’t use Facebook, how about Twitter?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Triple Helix.
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Yeah, VoodooForums is really messed up, it has been for a while.  I don’t really plan to use FB as the main communication, I just wanted to mention that I have been checking it out.  Really the best communication is email anyway.  Technically VS is on Twitter, but I hardly ever use it, but it is something to consider.
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    This reply has been marked as private.
    |VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| ComodoFW(Free)| HitManPro.Alert!(Paid)|
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    What’s SMF?
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

GrDukeMalden: What’s SMF?

Not sure, where are you seeing SMF?

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    @Hayc59 said something about “have you tried good ol SMF” what’s SMF? I would google it but a query like that could bring up a lot of things.
    khanyash
    Participant
    none
    I guess he meant SMF – Simple Machines Forum https://simplemachines.org
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by khanyash.
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    Oh…Okay, on another note, How’s the next version of Voodooshield coming along?

Nothing is perfect, so the closest we can get to that is to always improve the things we make.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    The last month or two I have been extremely busy working on the WLC patent, and some business and marketing stuff.  Now that is finished, I can start thinking about development again, so it should not be long.  Have a great weekend!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, here is the first version of what will eventually be VS 6.0.  There were massive changes and optimizations under the hood in preparation for converting all of the code to C#, so there might be a small bug or two, if so please let me know.  But overall it should be in great shape.  The Mini Prompt and User Prompt are both movable now, the only thing that is not movable are the notifications, and since they are quite uncommon, we might want to keep them where they are, but we can go either way on this.  The user prompt is movable by the title of the window, and the mini prompt has a move icon, since it does not have a title.  Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions on how this is implemented, it will be super easy to change, but I think you guys will really like how it is already.  Thank you guys!

VS 5.90 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield590beta.exe
    SHA-256: 74fa69681eadb2a04b13213f514cbf66953b9d7966335e8990352a6b1da33291

Baldrick
    Participant
    none

Hi Dan

Nice to hear from you again, and with a new version too…Happy days.

Installed over the top and all appears to be running well at first glance. Will give it some wellie later on and report back if anything amiss presents itself.

Regards, Baldrick

Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    Thanks Dan installed without issues at this time.

TH

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Fabulous Dan! I updated over the top and so far running smoothly! Thanks!
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.95 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 192 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.