VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, we are getting very close!  Here is the latest version… there are just a few things that I need to finish up, like the new artwork on the How It Works form, and I also need to finish the Windows Firewall feature.  It is all ready to go, but I don’t want to actually automatically add rules until we are sure all of the bugs are fixed, because believe me, as many changes as there were in this version, there are most likely be a few small bugs.

There are way too many changes under the hood and with the WLC implementation for me to describe, that it is probably best for you guys to just try it and see.  A few small things though, I removed the Advanced Snapshot feature for a lot of reasons.  First, we really need to get back to our roots and focus on VS’s proprietary tiny, customized whitelist… that really is what VS is all about.  The whole goal is to offer the smallest attack surface in the industry.  Also, there is no reason to analyze thousands of files with WLC.

Also, brand new whitelists will be automatically generated and scanned with WLC.  Again, the whole goal is to keep the whitelist as small as possible.  Then again, with WLC and the other features we have implemented the last year or so, unwanted blocks should be pretty much non-existent.

I hope to catch up on the posts here soon… it is great to see you “old guys” 😉.

And yes, I would uninstall the standalone version of WLC now 😉.

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

VS 5.50 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield550beta.exe
    SHA-256: bd85bc201c7f70c9677edb89cad73a85d0e3ed55e1f92507e9f4178dee53bdd0

VS 5.51 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield551beta.exe
    SHA-256: e05cb8ac0a89edaade7c3543c4717955c451efb2f953be3874f2bbad8e1cecdb

VS 5.52 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield552beta.exe
    SHA-256: dba4fd21024a2bc2686f5ed4e70f1242b5fd24bf66c5ad0987b4cd4ed56abc48

VS 5.53e beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield553ebeta.exe
    SHA-256: 73770b6a1e9d9de5d506e0814fb8c2658b5d9f04c1d6fb572a62bcd046b9d410

VS 5.54D beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554Dbeta.exe
    SHA-256: 535f2c766ed515b7dc120d844a97a8469ad2c48bd5d8538ddbc7cd265d7918e9

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 1 week ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 6 days, 23 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 3 days, 4 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 2 days, 3 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 1 day, 14 hours ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 380 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you guys, I appreciate that!  Yeah, if resetting the whitelist fixed the issue then I think we are in the clear.  Also, whenever VS performs a snapshot scan, everything is automatically synced up, so if it gets out of sync while we are working out the bugs, you can click the “refresh” icon on the WhitelistCloud tab, and it should cleanup and sync everything.  We are getting close, thank you guys for all of your help!

Krusty, are you running 5.51 or 5.52?  This should have been fixed in 5.52, but if not I will take a look at it, thank you!

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Dan,

Definitely running 5.52.  by the way, when I went to my account there were four or five instances of that PC and only one of the other.

Thanks.

Triple Helix
    CA

Krusty: Dan,

Definitely running 5.52.  by the way, when I went to my account there were four or five instances of that PC and only one of the other.

Thanks.

I looked at my account and had all 10 for the same PC and cleared them all except the one dated today!

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    oldschool
    none
    @Dan is there a way to send “not safe”files to you via the UI? I have one here which is from BleachBit 3.0.

Hash:  891da386b0c4068738e2b8e11bd4f484a638beb19d8cb9a391ae51c9417d2a79

How the heck do we attach images?????????

Hope your Gracie is doing OK! ^^

Stay safe, not paranoid!
    Triple Helix
    CA
    Adding pictures is a PITA.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Triple Helix.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Triple Helix.
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Being using imgur to post images. Missing a native option though.

BTW a day ot two ago I was unable to post. Kept getting an error telling me that i was goin too fast, to slow down…

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    That actually might have been the reason VS did not register properly… we need to get that under control.  So yeah, I would remove all of the devices except for the one that is active.  Either way, we can keep an eye on it, thank you!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Like TH was saying, attaching images is a PITA.  Hopefully we can figure out how to make that easier soon.

Believe it or not, I actually have not been manually whitelisting any of the false positives in the cloud, except for the dismhost.exe false positives.  So basically, all of the WLC results everyone has seen have all been automatic verdicts.

I probably can at some point, but I am not sure we need to yet.  I built a little stand alone app that lets me manage the database extremely quickly.  But I am hoping that the false positives will be so low that we will not need to manually whitelist any files… because you never know, we might accidentally whitelist something we should not.  That, and it does not hurt for the user to encounter one or two Not Safe files, so they will quickly understand how WLC works.

But if we ever do start manually whitelisting files, I will just need the hash like you provided ;).  Thank you!

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US

This is what I have now.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Ssherjj.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Ssherjj.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.5.4C- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Ssherjj:

This is what I have now.

That looks great, just click on the Not Safe at the top for the Webroot dll, then click Whitelist Item, and you are all set!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Dan.
    Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Awesome! Mucho Gracias Dan! Much appreciated! 🙂
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.5.4C- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very cool, thank you! We have an attachment button now, please let me know if this one works well for everyone, if not there are other options.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Dan: Very cool, thank you! We have an attachment button now, please let me know if this one works well for everyone, if not there are other options.

Have fun translating this…

Attachments:
    1. Toilet-Fun1.odt
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Testing…
    Attachments:
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    No idea how to attach images directly without first uploading them elsewhere.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Krusty.
    Attachments:
Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 380 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.