VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, we are getting very close!  Here is the latest version… there are just a few things that I need to finish up, like the new artwork on the How It Works form, and I also need to finish the Windows Firewall feature.  It is all ready to go, but I don’t want to actually automatically add rules until we are sure all of the bugs are fixed, because believe me, as many changes as there were in this version, there are most likely be a few small bugs.

There are way too many changes under the hood and with the WLC implementation for me to describe, that it is probably best for you guys to just try it and see.  A few small things though, I removed the Advanced Snapshot feature for a lot of reasons.  First, we really need to get back to our roots and focus on VS’s proprietary tiny, customized whitelist… that really is what VS is all about.  The whole goal is to offer the smallest attack surface in the industry.  Also, there is no reason to analyze thousands of files with WLC.

Also, brand new whitelists will be automatically generated and scanned with WLC.  Again, the whole goal is to keep the whitelist as small as possible.  Then again, with WLC and the other features we have implemented the last year or so, unwanted blocks should be pretty much non-existent.

I hope to catch up on the posts here soon… it is great to see you “old guys” 😉.

And yes, I would uninstall the standalone version of WLC now 😉.

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

VS 5.50 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield550beta.exe
    SHA-256: bd85bc201c7f70c9677edb89cad73a85d0e3ed55e1f92507e9f4178dee53bdd0

VS 5.51 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield551beta.exe
    SHA-256: e05cb8ac0a89edaade7c3543c4717955c451efb2f953be3874f2bbad8e1cecdb

VS 5.52 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield552beta.exe
    SHA-256: dba4fd21024a2bc2686f5ed4e70f1242b5fd24bf66c5ad0987b4cd4ed56abc48

VS 5.53e beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield553ebeta.exe
    SHA-256: 73770b6a1e9d9de5d506e0814fb8c2658b5d9f04c1d6fb572a62bcd046b9d410

VS 5.54 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554beta.exe
    SHA-256: 583babd999c83bb4d5929d39c690c0194b2c7988e6b8d7d6da99ef354b477f9e

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 3 days, 10 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 3 days, 5 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 2 days, 9 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 2 days, 3 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 6 hours, 52 minutes ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 252 total)
  • Replies
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Dan:

I will catch up on the other posts asap… but I kind of had a little emergency today.  Gracie got hurt at the park and she is in the hospital, but she is going to be just fine though ;).  Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

Wishing Gracie a speedy recovery.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Cool, thank you guys, Gracie is doing well, all things considered.  She was playing with her friends at the park and one of them accidentally slashed her with his paw and cut her open pretty bad.  But she is going to make a full recovery.  It was such a beautiful day at the park, VS 5.50 was almost finished, and everything was just perfect, then this happened ;).  It is funny what curveballs we experience in life… it makes you appreciate the good times.

Anyway, back to VS.  Besides the Edge and Brave issue, is VS 5.52 running great for everyone?

Also, one of you guys emailed me about the Desktop Shield Gadget not always being on top sometimes.  I am keeping an eye on this.  If you guys notice this as well, please try to figure out if another of your apps is trying to gain TopMost status, and please let me know which one it is so I can test.  Either way we will figure it out soon.

VS 5.53 beta is ready, I just am waiting to hear on a couple of things and make some final tweaks, then I will post it.

Thank you guys!

Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Dan: Cool, thank you guys, Gracie is doing well, all things considered.  She was playing with her friends at the park and one of them accidentally slashed her with his paw and cut her open pretty bad.  But she is going to make a full recovery.  It was such a beautiful day at the park, VS 5.50 was almost finished, and everything was just perfect, then this happened ;).  It is funny what curveballs we experience in life… it makes you appreciate the good times.

Anyway, back to VS.  Besides the Edge and Brave issue, is VS 5.52 running great for everyone?

Also, one of you guys emailed me about the Desktop Shield Gadget not always being on top sometimes.  I am keeping an eye on this.  If you guys notice this as well, please try to figure out if another of your apps is trying to gain TopMost status, and please let me know which one it is so I can test.  Either way we will figure it out soon.

VS 5.53 beta is ready, I just am waiting to hear on a couple of things and make some final tweaks, then I will post it.

Thank you guys!

I have an issue with the WLC as it says I have one unresolved issue but in  the list they are all safe?

https://ibb.co/syVLbj2

https://ibb.co/T4SD05Q

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

How doing?

Have a small issue with 5.52Beta…no matter what I do or what I check the Notiification Area icon remains ‘Red’, and when I check in Settings I see the ‘Unresolved Not Safe Items’ counter showing ‘1’. When I click on the link I am taken to a list of items all showing as ‘Safe’, the only discerning feature being that one of the items has the Firewall Rule Boxes ticked…none of the others in the list have ticks against them. Removingthe ticks has no effect.

It is not causing a major issue other than it is annoying to not be able to tell when there really is something to investigate.

Let me know if you want logs sent and if so then which one(s).

Cheers, Baldrick

• This reply was modified 5 days, 12 hours ago by Baldrick.
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Baldrick: Hi Dan

How doing?

Have a small issue with 5.52Beta…no matter what I do or what I check the Notiification Area icon remains ‘Red’, and when I check in Settings I see the ‘Unresolved Not Safe Items’ counter showing ‘1’. When I click on the link I am taken to a list of items all showing as ‘Safe’, the only discerning feature being that one of the items has the Firewall Rule Boxes ticked…none of the others in the list have ticks against them. Removingthe ticks has no effect.

It is not causing a major issue other than it is annoying to not be able to tell when there really is something to investigate.

Let me know if you want logs sent and if so then which one(s).

Cheers, Baldrick

Same issue I’m seeing as well!

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you Baldrick and TH!  I was working with Krusty on this the other day on the exact issue, and I believe it is fixed.  If you get a chance, can you please email me your whitelist.db databases from c:\programdata\voodooshield?  That will help me figure out if the issue really is fixed or not.  Thank you!

BTW, resetting your whitelist should fix this issue.  Also, if the result is All Safe, you will immediately know it was just a bug in the WLC code ;).

• This reply was modified 5 days, 12 hours ago by Dan.
    Ssherjj
    Participant
    US

Dan: Thank you Baldrick and TH!  I was working with Krusty on this the other day on the exact issue, and I believe it is fixed.  If you get a chance, can you please email me your whitelist.db databases from c:\programdata\voodooshield?  That will help me figure out if the issue really is fixed or not.  Thank you!

BTW, resetting your whitelist should fix this issue.  Also, if the result is All Safe, you will immediately know it was just a bug in the WLC code ;).

I checked as well and ticking and unticking does not stick/stay?

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.5.3- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Dan: Thank you Baldrick and TH!  I was working with Krusty on this the other day on the exact issue, and I believe it is fixed.  If you get a chance, can you please email me your whitelist.db databases from c:\programdata\voodooshield?  That will help me figure out if the issue really is fixed or not.  Thank you!

Email sent!

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US

Ssherjj:

I checked as well and ticking and unticking does not stick/stay?

Dan, Looks like it is working now ???

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.5.3- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Glad to hear Gracie is OK.

5.52 working smoothly here.

Regard:

<Notiification Area icon remains ‘Red’, and when I check in Settings I see the ‘Unresolved Not Safe Items’ counter showing ‘1’. When I click on the link I am taken to a list of items all showing as ‘Safe’>

I had the same issue on 5.51. A clean uninstall/install fixed it. I guess just a whitelist reset might have done the trick.

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Oh yes Dan, Sorry to hear about your Gracie! Hope she heals/mends quickly! 🙂
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    none
    5.52 is working well here.

I hope Gracie makes a fast recovery Dan, I sent you another PM this evening.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.49 - VoodooShield v5.53 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Thanks for prompt response…much appreciated.

I tried the Whitelist Reset and that does appear to have fixed the issue…icon is now clear and I have quite an exhaustive list of items showing that are all marked as ‘Safe’ ans checking through them I would concur.

Do you still need the log(s)?

Regards, Baldrick

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    For some unknown reason VS resorted to the free version this morning on one PC, meaning I had to re-activate it.  After that I was back having a red WLC tray icon.
    • Windows 10 x64 1909
    • Linux Mint Mate 19.2
    Ssherjj
    Participant
    US

Baldrick: Hi Dan

Thanks for prompt response…much appreciated.

I tried the Whitelist Reset and that does appear to have fixed the issue…icon is now clear and I have quite an exhaustive list of items showing that are all marked as ‘Safe’ ans checking through them I would concur.

Do you still need the log(s)?

Regards, Baldrick

Thank you Dan,

I agree with Baldrick for your quick response and assistance. WLC icon is clear now instead of Red before the reset of WLC and the files are marked “Safe.” Updated a s well.

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.