VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB

Dan: Hey guys, I am hoping we are almost there.  If for some reason the scan is still taking forever, please email me your DeveloperLog.log and DeveloperServiceLog.log from the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield folder.  The initial scan should take less than 10 minutes, and all subsequent scans should take a second or two.

If you were not experiencing issues with 5.51, then you can install over the top.  Otherwise, I would uninstall VS, reboot the computer and install 5.52.

I also included an automatic cleanup of the following folders, which runs right before each snapshot scan.  I personally think it is a great feature to add to VS anyway, but if there is a reason we should not automatically clean up the temp files, please let me know.  BTW, it automatically skips any files that are in use.

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp

Also, I read a suggestion somewhere that was really cool… if you are still having issues with the WLC, please try the standalone version of WLC and let me know how it does.  The code is essentially the same at this point, but it is a smart troubleshooting step either way.  You can download it here:

https://www.whitelistcloud.com/Download/InstallWhitelistCloud.exe

BTW, there should not be a conflict between the standalone version of WLC and VS, so it should be safe to run them along side each other.  Although there is obviously not a reason to do so now, with WLC being fully integrated into VS.  I have to admit, I miss the tiny WLC standalone app though 😉.

Please let me know how it goes, thank you guys!

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield552beta.exe

SHA-256: dba4fd21024a2bc2686f5ed4e70f1242b5fd24bf66c5ad0987b4cd4ed56abc48

Hi Dan

I am trying to enclose the logs you are requesting but I am unable to enclose the logs in the message section here or via your support section of your website.

Is there another way, the logs are probably going to be too long to post in the forum.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Gandalf
    Participant
    NL

simmerskool: late to the (v5.50) party.  But so far so good.  Still not sure I’m up to speed, I just installed 5.52beta.  Is that current or is Dan on 5.53?

Was running VS 5.04 + WLC 1.04.  I uninstalled 5.04 but kept logs and settings.  Uninstalled WLC 1.04 everything.  Then installed VS 5.52beta.  It “remembered” my pro registration (must be that VAi feature 😉 and with WLC icon in systray — total happiness! WLC found 1 expected NOT SAFE and got that popup as I had tweaked in settings, whitelisted that, and it all seems to be running 5×5 — it’s behaving the way I “logically” expected it to work.  Kool! The WLC integration is seemingly perfecto so far, at least on this win10_vm test box.

Now can one of you win10 experts tell me why Edge is always connected (apparently online) or why VS always sees it in yellow as connected?  Long weekend, perhaps time to dig deeper into the network…  Just running windows defender with Andy Ful’s configuredefender tweaks and VS.  Edge browser, with Brave on the side for testing.

Dan disregard PM re 5.04, obvious “fix” ref openvpn as a webapp.

I hope y’all had a happy thanksgiving.

Hey simmerskool,

Have a look here about Microsoft Edge preloading:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/13/block-windows-10-from-preloading-microsoft-edge-on-start/

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    I had to install the stable version again. Having to allow the same things over and over was getting a little annoying.

Yo! Dan! can you direct me to the latest stable build? Isn’t it up to 5.04 now?

|VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| Comodo FW(Free)| SandboxiePlus, By Xanasoft| HitManPro.ALERT!(Paid)|
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none

Baldrick: Hi DanFunny thing though. On both my systems with 5.51.Beta…initially all was as you stated it should be…but then after a while the follow on scans started extending in terms of duration to the point that nothing was being found but VS was still desperately trying to find somrthing .

re WLC scans on my win10_vm, I have it set to run a scan every 5 min, and I just checked and the last scan ran 3.95 sec.  So I think I am not seeing with 5.52 what Baldrick was seeing with 5.51 re longer scans.  fwiw…

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    thanks Gandalf, I’ll read about MSEdge preloads.  I ran tcpview in win10_vm and see windowstore.app is running on several ports.  Also wondering if various MS apps run via Edge??  More reading by me needed.

This is getting offtopic here, only mentioned it since VS sees Edge in yellow and sometimes though the VS icon stays red (not online) while in VS settings Edge is yellow.  Also the VMware vmnat is connected all the time, certainly in the host OS, but don’t expect VS in vm to see that.  (VS is on the host too).

Tarnak
    Participant
    I had sent recently, those logs requested by Dan, i.e DeveloperLog.log and DeveloperServiceLog.log  for v5.51 beta, as I was having problems which I have mentioned about earlier, in this thread.

But, after fresh install of beta v5.52, I am having further problems registering. At the moment  the WCL feature is not functioning, until I get VS registered.

I am in communication with Dan by e-mail, and hopefully he will have an answer, shortly. 🙂

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Dan FYI

I uninstalled EdgeChrome Stable (leaked). Now I have old edge back and on VS WebApps it turn to yellow when I use it.

I installed EdgeBeta Official. On WebApps does not turn yellow when I use it.

I had to add it via <Auto Detects Additional Running Web Apps>, now it works.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

gorblimey
    Participant
    none

Unauthorized Alien:… I’m using KIS, I like how you can block internet incoming/outgoing traffic for not safe files feature. It doesn’t work for Kaspersky Firewall though. Would Windows Firewall be recommended to use and disable Kaspersky’s instead of manually doing it myself?
    I do want to use the blocking feature.

What settings should I change to harden Windows Firewall?

OK, first, firewalls are a bit like AVs, you can only have one running at a time, or they fight.

Windows Firewall ships with Windows, it costs you nothing extra. However, it has arguably one of the worst UIs in history, so…

You need a front-end GUI and the two best ones are Windows Firewall Control (WFC) from Binisoft, or Glasswire. I use WFC, Jasper The Rasper uses Glasswire.

When you install WFC it immediately reverses Microsoft’s Stupidity Settings and gives you Default Deny Outbound and Unrestricted Inbound — their philosophy is the same as mine and many other experts: a malware that can’t phone home is fundamentally f neutered. It allows you to protect the firewall Rules and State from external tampering, so yes it can be hardened.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by gorblimey. Reason: Add Jasper as Glasswire reference

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    Hi Dan, 5.52 beta is running great here. I only have 2 remaining issues: the dimhost blocks and Edge Chromium not being recognized as web app. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Gandalf: Hi Dan, 5.52 beta is running great here.

Edge Chromium  not being recognized as web app. 

Only one little glitch for me. I was just wondering, would this issue cease once Edge Chromium become official in January.

Nice weekend to everybody.

SudoJudo
    Participant
    none
    Brave is also not recognized as a webapp. I manually added it.

Otherwise, 5.52 seems to be running really good.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Brave, yes because it is not on the WebApps list.

Dan say that Edge, that is on the list, should work for both old and new Edge.

I suppose he means new EdgeChromium. Hence the feedback.

oldschool
    Participant
    none
    I’m giving 5.52 a try now. It appears to be behaving itself. 😉
    Stay safe, not paranoid!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you guys!  Please try 5.52 if anyone is still having issues.  A few people sent me 5.51 logs ;).  Part of it might be because everyone is getting used to the new forum.  I know I was having a hard time with it at first.  Just remember, the post at the top of each page is the initial post from the topic.  So if you grab a download link from there, it probably will not be correct ;).

Here is the latest… it should be working for pretty much everyone now, but if there are any bugs, please let me know.

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield552beta.exe

I will catch up on the other posts asap… but I kind of had a little emergency today.  Gracie got hurt at the park and she is in the hospital, but she is going to be just fine though ;).  Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    No worries, family comes first. Hope Gracie will be out of the hospital soon. Take care.
Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.