VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 931 through 945 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Installed 5.77 over the top. Smooth as… Not that I expected any less.

Thanks.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very cool, thank you guys!
    Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Thank you Dan! Got’er done…running great. Haven’t had any issues with WhiteCloud either for a long while.😎
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.95 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    Running very well as always Danno!

TH 😉

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    2 days now and running smoothly, no problems whatsoever.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    HempOil
    Participant
    CA
    Hi Dan,

5.77 installed over 5.75. Been running for a few days now. No issues.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1909, build 18363.1016 (hyper-threading disabled). Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7036. Microsoft Defender Antivirus. HMP.A 3.8.4 Build 873 & HMP 3.8.18 b312 (64-bit). VoodooShield 5.97a beta. Google Chrome 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox.
    HempOil
    Participant
    CA
    Hi Dan,

A little off topic, but I thought you might enjoy reading the positive comments in this post:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/voodooshield.313706/page-731#post-2916487

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1909, build 18363.1016 (hyper-threading disabled). Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7036. Microsoft Defender Antivirus. HMP.A 3.8.4 Build 873 & HMP 3.8.18 b312 (64-bit). VoodooShield 5.97a beta. Google Chrome 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

HempOil: Hi Dan,

A little off topic, but I thought you might enjoy reading the positive comments in this post:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/voodooshield.313706/page-731#post-2916487

Interesting, thank you for letting me know!

Thank you guys for letting me know that VS 5.77 is doing well!

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Hope that you are keeping well, & safe?

Quick question if I may? When one checks the ‘Report False Positive’ option (bottom left of the pop up notification in some conditions) what exactly happens? The reason I ask that I have been religiously checking the option for one particular pop up but no matter how many time I do the pop up returns periodically, almost as if VS has forgotten I reported an FP.

Any thoughts? IS this how the option is supposed to work?

Cheers, Baldrick

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Baldrick: Hi Dan

Hope that you are keeping well, & safe?

Quick question if I may? When one checks the ‘Report False Positive’ option (bottom left of the pop up notification in some conditions) what exactly happens? The reason I ask that I have been religiously checking the option for one particular pop up but no matter how many time I do the pop up returns periodically, almost as if VS has forgotten I reported an FP.

Any thoughts? IS this how the option is supposed to work?

Cheers, Baldrick

Hey Baldrick,

The report false positive will actually report the false positive to our database so that we have the ability to change the result in our database for the next user who encounters that file.  The thing is, I never really got around to finalizing the relationships between the blacklist scan, VoodooAi and WLC, but I hope to be able to do that soon.  Once we finalize this then we will enable the Report False Positive feature.  I hope that makes sense, if not please let me know.

Can you please email me a screenshot of the block that keeps reappearing, and maybe your DeveloperLog.log as well?

Thank you!

hayc59
    Participant
    US
    Does Voodoo work well with OSArmor? thank folks
    A Friend Is Someone Who Reaches For Your Hand, But Touches Your Heart
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

hayc59: Does Voodoo work well with OSArmor? thank folks

Hey hayc59!  I am sure they are fine together but probably not necessary since OSArmor is extremely similar to VS, so there would certainly be a lot of overlap, but it probably would not hurt anything.

Please keep in mind that by now most of the effective AV’s now cover the individual rules that OSArmor covers, and I suspect covers them in a more intelligent way than a simple binary block rule.  So there is overlap there as well.

Ultimately it all depends on what they are paired with and what the computer is being used for.

hayc59
    Participant
    US
    thank you Dan and goodbye OSArmor 🙂
    hayc59
    Participant
    US
    Dan you have e-mail

content registration thank you

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

hayc59: Dan you have e-mail

content registration thank you

For some reason I have not received your email. Did you send it to support at voodooshield.com?

The PM on this site do not work all that well and I always forget to check them, so if anyone needs to contact me, please email me at the address above. Thank you!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 931 through 945 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.