VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 916 through 930 (of 949 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Alexhousek: Dan, I installed a licensed VS on my wife’s laptop a while ago.  She’s been using it just fine.

Well, she bought a new laptop and “donated” her old one to me.  Of course, she is the “owner” and she is the “user”.  So, I wanted to create a new login for me; which I was going to make an administrator account.  After making a new user account, I logged in under that new account.  VS gave an error message that it couldn’t connect to the server and shutdown.

So, I logged out as the new user (me) and logged her back in.  And, upon logging her back in, I received the same VS error.  It said something about not being able to connect to the server and said that I needed to reboot to connect to the server.

BTW–I haven’t rebooted yet.

I hope the above makes sense.

Can you please let me know the exact error?  Is the internet working okay on that computer?  I might need to update your account or something.

Alexhousek
    Participant
    Well, I should have thought of this.  A reboot cleared up the issue.  I think VS struggled with me creating a new user and I didn’t reboot afterwards.

Sorry Dan.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Alexhousek: Well, I should have thought of this.  A reboot cleared up the issue.  I think VS struggled with me creating a new user and I didn’t reboot afterwards.

Sorry Dan.

No problem, I love easy fixes ;).

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, here is 5.76.

I added an Offline Mode (just right click on VS and you will see it).

I also removed the Friday nag screen for the free version.  We have to keep the VoodooShield Settings prompt when Free users click on Settings because they need to know why most of the settings are greyed out.

VS 5.76
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield576.exe
    SHA-256: e121fdec62f822cde8bedd03e71e1d717bcc543e4bdaf4a8da636bfcab351119

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Dan

Installed 5.76 over the top without any issue.

Thanks.

"Today is yesterday's future"

Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    Thanks Dan got it installed and working well!

TH

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Over the top install and all is running really well, as one has come to expect.

Reggards, Baldrick

PS: hope that you are keeping well, & staying safe?

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    how does the offline mode work? What does it do differently?
    |VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| ComodoFW(free)| SecureAPlus, Avira Addon(Paid, Pro)|
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    Thank you Dan.
    I have installed it over the top of the previous and it all appears to be running smoothly at present with no problems.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Thank you Dan! Installed over top of previous one as well and so far so good!
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.77 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Mr.GumP
    Participant
    none
    working great!
    boxes
    Participant
    Dan, did I break any rules? You deleted my topic with no explanation though I just wanted to give feedback.

VS have compatibility problem with a proxysoftware called clash for windows.

[06-15-2020 12:54:29] [INFO ] – CommandLine allowed by Parent Process: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe|c:\program files\clash for windows\clash for windows.exe
    [06-15-2020 12:54:29] [INFO ] – Process allowed by Current Whitelist Snapshot: c:\windows\system32\conhost.exe
    [06-15-2020 12:54:29] [INFO ] – Process allowed by Current Whitelist Snapshot: c:\windows\system32\route.exe
    [06-15-2020 12:54:30] [INFO ] – Process blocked by CleanupWindowsPathsAndCommandLines: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

Log as above repeated over and over again, caused 20% of CPU occupancy.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

boxes: Dan, did I break any rules? You deleted my topic with no explanation though I just wanted to give feedback.

VS have compatibility problem with a proxysoftware called clash for windows.

[06-15-2020 12:54:29] [INFO ] – CommandLine allowed by Parent Process: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe|c:\program files\clash for windows\clash for windows.exe
    [06-15-2020 12:54:29] [INFO ] – Process allowed by Current Whitelist Snapshot: c:\windows\system32\conhost.exe
    [06-15-2020 12:54:29] [INFO ] – Process allowed by Current Whitelist Snapshot: c:\windows\system32\route.exe
    [06-15-2020 12:54:30] [INFO ] – Process blocked by CleanupWindowsPathsAndCommandLines: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

Log as above repeated over and over again, caused 20% of CPU occupancy.

The topic was not deleted, it just had not been approved yet, but it is live now, sorry about that.

Thank you guys for letting me know about 5.76… I am finishing up 5.77 now and will upload it soon.  It just has some expanded Offline Mode features that are built out a little better than 5.76.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, here is 5.77.  The Offline Mode feature is refined a little more, other than that is is about the same.

VS 5.77
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield577.exe
    SHA-256: 790b19411c32365206955d54e45e17d18a976cb3551e910258504dd213038739

Thank you guys!

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    Thank you Dan.
    I installed over the top of the previous and I cannot see any problems at all yet.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
Viewing 15 replies - 916 through 930 (of 949 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.