VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 901 through 915 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    I released 5.75 to the public, thank you guys for all of your help!  Please let me know if you ever find anything we need to fix, thank you!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    BTW, the forums are still not working correctly.  There is an update that just came out today that might fix the issue.  Or it might break the site further, I guess we will find out ;).
    pvlxyz
    Participant
    none

Dan: Thank you guys, this really should be the public release, but if you find anything please let me know!

VS 5.75
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield575.exe
    SHA-256: 13728cde64f3173369ab2c34f6c3cb0a947cdf0c3c3f63a8768ca28b010e553d

All good here.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Dan

5.75 over the top running smoothly since installation the day you posted the link.

Thanks.

"Today is yesterday's future"

HempOil
    Participant
    CA

VecchioScarpone: Dan

5.75 over the top running smoothly since installation the day you posted the link.

Thanks.

My experience as well.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1909, build 18363.959 (hyper-threading disabled). Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7036. Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 20.0.14.1085(k). HMP.A 3.8.4 Build 873 & HMP 3.8.18 b312 (64-bit). VoodooShield 5.78. Google Chrome 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox.
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    I did a clean install of 5.75 just to be safe.

I still have that issue where it can’t connect to the internet sometimes. My VPN has a killswitch so when it first starts connecting.

Sometimes manually starting a WLC scan will fix this problem. Any time that doesn’t work, making my VPN disconnect with the killswitch doing its thing and then reconnecting fixes this problem.

One way to fix this would be to make VS’s reconnect attempt frequency more often. any time it can’t connect when an alert shows, it should try to connect again while the countdown is happening

|VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| SecureAPlus(Paid,Pro)| Sandboxie Plus by Xanasoft| HitManPro.Alert!(Paid)|
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you guys for letting me know!  If there are any features we should modify or add, please let me know!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

GrDukeMalden: I did a clean install of 5.75 just to be safe.

I still have that issue where it can’t connect to the internet sometimes. My VPN has a killswitch so when it first starts connecting.

Sometimes manually starting a WLC scan will fix this problem. Any time that doesn’t work, making my VPN disconnect with the killswitch doing its thing and then reconnecting fixes this problem.

One way to fix this would be to make VS’s reconnect attempt frequency more often. any time it can’t connect when an alert shows, it should try to connect again while the countdown is happening

Yeah, VPN’s are great and all, but they certainly add a lot of opportunity for errors.

There are currently 5 retries, and each has a 3 second timeout.  Please let me know if you have an idea of how we should adjust this to see if we can fix your VPN issue.  We might actually want to adjust the timeout to 5 or so and test.  Maybe the connection is timing out before the next retry?

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    Under “UI Tweaks” just give the user an option to enable a second countdown for the reconnect attempts. the default would be 20 seconds and during that time there would be one reconnect attempt after another until the timer is done.
    |VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| SecureAPlus(Paid,Pro)| Sandboxie Plus by Xanasoft| HitManPro.Alert!(Paid)|
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

GrDukeMalden: Under “UI Tweaks” just give the user an option to enable a second countdown for the reconnect attempts. the default would be 20 seconds and during that time there would be one reconnect attempt after another until the timer is done.

Thank you for the suggestion, we can consider adding an option if we think it is necessary.  I am hoping we can make the timeout work well for everyone without having to make it an option.  Either way, we can only have so many attempts… we do not want to put it in an infinite loop.

Mr.GumP
    Participant
    none
    5.75 working smooth like buttah…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Mr.GumP.
    Attachments:
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you Mr.GumP, I appreciate that!
    oldschool
    Participant
    none
    VS v.5.75 running fine on my refreshed system. Still my favorite piece of software! ^-^
    Stay safe, not paranoid!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

oldschool: VS v.5.75 running fine on my refreshed system. Still my favorite piece of software! ^-^

Thank you OS, I appreciate that!

Alexhousek
    Participant
    Dan, I installed a licensed VS on my wife’s laptop a while ago.  She’s been using it just fine.

Well, she bought a new laptop and “donated” her old one to me.  Of course, she is the “owner” and she is the “user”.  So, I wanted to create a new login for me; which I was going to make an administrator account.  After making a new user account, I logged in under that new account.  VS gave an error message that it couldn’t connect to the server and shutdown.

So, I logged out as the new user (me) and logged her back in.  And, upon logging her back in, I received the same VS error.  It said something about not being able to connect to the server and said that I needed to reboot to connect to the server.

BTW–I haven’t rebooted yet.

I hope the above makes sense.

Viewing 15 replies - 901 through 915 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.