VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 811 through 825 (of 851 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, here is 5.64, have a great weekend, thank you!

VS 5.64 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield564beta.exe
    SHA-256: 76efbfb0607892910c2e7da352a9789c1281933683e9818802696680ca40032d

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Fabulous! Thank you for this latest version of VS. I will holler if anything arises. 😊

Have a great weekend!

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.6.1 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Triple Helix
    CA
    VS 5.64 beta working well here as always!
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Krusty
    AU
    I had VS lock up after running PrivaZer.  Logs have been sent into Dan.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Installed 5.64 beta over the top. Nothing to report.

Nice weekend to everybody.

"Today is yesterday's future"

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    installed 5.64 over 5.63 on win10_vm, installed as expected on vm.  WLC scan 15.17 sec. normal so far.

running 5.60 on win7 (always on aggressive mode)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by simmerskool.
    Mr.GumP
    Participant
    none
    smooth like buttah
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    none
    I have been using 5.64 since it was released and everything has been running smoothly without any problems at all.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.64 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    HempOil
    Participant
    CA

Jasper The Rasper: I have been using 5.64 since it was released and everything has been running smoothly without any problems at all.

Same here.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1909, build 18363.720 (hyper-threading disabled). Comodo Internet Security Premium 12.0.0.6882. HMP.A 3.8.2 Build 867 beta & HMP 3.8.16 b310 (64-bit). VoodooShield 5.64 beta. Google Chrome 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox.
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    Can’t get the latest firefox Nightly to install. I made sure it was the legit firefox nightly, but I feel like it would be best to have an expert look at the file submissions.

Firefox nightly’s installer runs just fine, but there’s a command line that VS blocks afterward.

|VPN| Sandboxie| VoodooShield(Paid)| ComodoFW(Free)| HitmanPro.Alert!(Paid)| I fiddle with whitelisting software.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

GrDukeMalden: Can’t get the latest firefox Nightly to install. I made sure it was the legit firefox nightly, but I feel like it would be best to have an expert look at the file submissions.

Firefox nightly’s installer runs just fine, but there’s a command line that VS blocks afterward.

Thank you guys for letting me know that VS is running great!

@GrDukeMalden, are you running 5.64?  It included a rather major command line fix.  I just installed the FF Nightly and it worked flawlessly on 5.64.  The major command line fix was a result of a dev and his team were having an issue with msbuild.exe and VS.  Basically, whenever they would build a project, since the hash of the file changed (new code / hash / build), VS would block an item.  Well, it makes sense because I would be worried if VS did not block a child process or command line of a vulnerable parent process like msbuild.exe, especially when these files are typically in favorite malware hiding locations.  Basically, this was one of the most difficult fixes I have ever encountered, but I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

But if anyone runs into an issue like this, just let me know and we will figure out a fix.  Typically, a somewhat major fix like this will fix other similar issues as well.  This is how VS has become so highly refined over the years.  Sure, it takes time, hard work and patients, but it is most certainly worth it.  And thankfully since we built our own custom tech, we are able to offer granular refinements like this that we would not be able to safely do otherwise.  For example, if we were using some other tech like SRP, I guess you would just be SOL if you wanted to auto allow randomly named files that change hashes and are located in dangerous folders, and are spawned by a vulnerable process ;).

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Dan.
    HempOil
    Participant
    CA
    Hi Dan,

I would like to make a tiny (literally and figuratively) feature request. Could you please include the VS version (e.g., 5.64 beta) part of the pop-up when hovering the mouse over the VS icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Thanks!

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1909, build 18363.720 (hyper-threading disabled). Comodo Internet Security Premium 12.0.0.6882. HMP.A 3.8.2 Build 867 beta & HMP 3.8.16 b310 (64-bit). VoodooShield 5.64 beta. Google Chrome 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

HempOil: Hi Dan,

I would like to make a tiny (literally and figuratively) feature request. Could you please include the VS version (e.g., 5.64 beta) part of the pop-up when hovering the mouse over the VS icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Thanks!

Sure, good idea, I just added this and it will be included in the next version, thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/voodoo-review.99132/#post-866172

Considering the following has been verbiage on our website for 3-4 years, it should be obvious that I agree with Rubenking.

“VOODOOSHIELD IS NOW FREE FOR NON-COMMERCIAL HOME USE AND IS PRE-CONFIGURED WITH OPTIMAL SETTINGS WHICH WILL WORK GREAT FOR THE MAJORITY OF HOME USERS.”

BTW, all the same person, and there are several other aliases.

Pixy Stix
    zhuzhangspankspank
    Bittricks
    .\urbeat.ps1
    georgann94 (yes, he has arguments with himself / bentparts in public)
    bentparts
    https://www.reddit.com/user/youbelonginanoven/
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/youbelonginanoven.zip

I understand why they are upset, I would be upset too if someone was kicking my ass.  The difference is that I would work hard and play fair because I am certain karma is a bitch.  I am just happy that some people understand how the cybersecurity industry works, and some do not.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    I do agree pretty much 100% with Neil’s review… no software is perfect.  The fact is that no one has been reviewing security products longer than Neil, and no one has seen more security products than Neil.  He started writing for PCMag when I was in high school, and I used to read the articles.  He actually digs into the product and uses it for several days so that he completely understands how the product works and what it is capable of.  Which I assume is why VS has made the top 10 Antivirus list several times.  Think about all of the companies that did not make the top 10 list.  Not too shabby for a guy and his dog from Kansas.  In other words, 4 stars is actually pretty good for a PCMag review.

BTW, I did not request the review… he had emailed me several months ago to do an updated review when we were in the middle of VS 5.0-5.5, so I asked him for some more time.  This time he emailed me and told me he had already started to review the free version, and would only postpone the review if I really wanted him to.  Since VS is always a work in progress, I figured… well, why not?

Some people understand what VS is all about and some do not.

Everyone will know in a few months.

Viewing 15 replies - 811 through 825 (of 851 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.