VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 736 through 750 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    since Dan mentioned it here, I installed WLC 1.06 beta standalone on win7.

VS 5.60 on win10 continues here aok.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, here is the latest beta, and here are some of the things that were fixed, along with several optimizations.

1. The VoodooAi API is working again
    2. WLC is using the new super-fast server with a 500 MB upload limit. I will be increasing the 500 MB upload limit on the actual website soon.
    3. The Wise Disk cleaner / no hash bug that caused the infinite scan is fixed. There still might be an issue or two that causes an infinite scan in the future, but we are getting close to fixing all of the no hash issues.  If you do experience the infinite scan, please email me your Developer Logs and whitelist.db
    4. The WLC dll’s are filtered now.  WLC and ML/Ai is not all that accurate with dll’s, so for the time being they are not going to be a part of the WLC list.  I have some ideas on how to increase the accuracy that I will be working on soon.  Besides, what really matters is that the executable or command line is blocked.
    5. Other minor optimizations.

@djg05
    , I tested the software you were having an issue with but was unable to reproduce the bug.  Just to make sure we are working with the same file, is it named “install_home_accountz_v3_win_64bit.exe”?  If you continue to have issues with 5.61beta, please email me your Developer Logs and whitelist.db.

VS 5.61 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield561beta.exe
    SHA-256: d8bf406a6ff060a38e727eee3540d07b26dd08851780cd54b460eaf644b053fa

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Baldrick: Hi Dan

Hope that you are well?

Great news about the servers…all going really well here on both systems with 5.60…the only niggle seems to be that average scans times, just after installing 5.60, have gone up from around 8-9 secs to around 18 secs…not a big issue and coiuld be for a number of reasons…just thought you might find the feedback useful.

Have a great weekend.

Respect, Baldrickk

Hey Baldrick, yeah, VS is pretty much stable now, and once we are completely sure that it is we can optimize everything a little more.  It wouldn’t surprise me that the average scan ended up being around 30 seconds for an endpoint with tons of whitelisted items, which is still pretty quick ;).

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Triple Helix:

GrDukeMalden: I don’t understand. I’ve tried to reply to the guy talking about issues starting up SWTOR @Geri123 Every time I click submit after typing up my reply I get goose egg, nothing.

Okay, now it works. Apparently the function for quoting certain users is broken.

It worked when I quoted @Dan earlier today.

It’s happened to me as well and I reported it to Dan so he will have to look in the back end of the forum software or in the spam folder?

Thank you for letting me know… there is a website update that we need to apply at some point and hopefully that will fix the issue.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Geri123: @Dan Just cleaned some files with “WiseDisk Cleaner 10.2.6.777 portable” got the same problem that was fixed for privazer. Red WLC icon in endless scanning while not showing which file is considered “unsafe”. VS 5.60

This should be fixed in 5.61beta, but if not please let me know, thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

simmerskool: dual prong question ref win7 and VS

going online with win10 in virtual machine running VS 5.60, BUT also running win7 with VS 5.04 & WLC 1.05.

on win7 so far not getting automatic popup to update to 5.60, but really wondering… is, or how is, WLC incorporated with VS 5.60 different than WLC 1.05 running as a “stand alone” but alongside VS 5.04??  That aside, win7 has a 3d-party firewall so on win7 the WLC firewall rules are disabled.  Would 5.60 combo of both apps offer MORE protection on win7 than the current setup of individual apps?

I’ve been following the development of 5.50 & WLC but answer to this is unclear (to me).

As far as functionality goes, the standalone version of WLC and the component integrated into VS should be pretty much identical.  The only real difference being that VS’s version of WLC utilized the kernel mode driver, so any firewall rule that is created is actually created before process creation is allowed.  Either way, if VS has WLC enabled, there is no point in running the standalone version of WLC… although it probably would not cause any issues in doing so.

The standalone version of WLC is great for SMB and enterprise networks who do not necessarily want to lock their computer, but want to know that only safe items are running on their systems.  The funny thing is that WLC has been extremely busy the last month or so and has a constant stream of files that it is analyzing.  I am not sure if these are coming from VS, the standalone version of WLC, or our website ;).  It is probably a combination of all three.

Keep in mind, WLC is a very young new tech and there are tons of really cool things we can do with it, and we can refine it even more.  Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

boredog: wlc has been scanning two files for over 24 hours.

This should be fixed in 5.61beta, but if not please send me your Developer Logs and whitelist.db, thank you!

Tarnak
    Participant
    Just did an over the top install, and it is  OK, me thinks. 🙂 I haven’t rebooted, either, as yet.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Geri123: @Dan Every now and then I get it that no filenames are shown in the WLC screen. Not seeing what WLC does is no fun. With no visible info I can’t see if the WLC is just very slow atm or “gave up” 😀 VS 5.60

Logs send via email. Could you please also take a look at the swtor files VS always seem to forgot? Posted

Yeah, at times WLC is supposed to show all of the items, and at other times it is supposed to show only the Not Safe items, and we can refine this and make it more clear in the future.  For the time being, you can click the “Unresolved Not Safe Items” link at the top right of the screen and it will toggle between the two views.  Please let me know if you guys have any ideas on how we can make this clear to everyone, because it is currently unclear ;).  Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    And thank you to everyone else… sorry I only responded to the posts that required a response, but I am just trying to keep the clutter to a minimum ;).
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    @Dan Quote:”Yeah, at times WLC is supposed to show all of the items, and at other times it is supposed to show only the Not Safe items,”.
    My problem was that WLC showed none item at all. Neither safe nor unsafe, it showed nothing (I didn’t whitened out the screen there was nothing in it)

Thanks for the tip with the”For the time being, you can click the “Unresolved Not Safe Items”. I didn’t know that 🙂

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Will uninstall and reinstall 5.61 beta this evening, and advise back should I spot anything untoward…I am not expecting to…as per usual.

Respect, Baldrick

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    Thank you Dan.
    I have just installed the latest over the top of the previous with no problems at all showing up.

Just for reference my first scan was 16.06 seconds.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    installed 5.61 over 5.60 on win10_vvm, seemed to go aok! initial WLC scan 5.43 sec
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    An added bonus with 5.61 is it looks like no more duplicates in the WLC tab.  👍
Viewing 15 replies - 736 through 750 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.