VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 721 through 735 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

GrDukeMalden: I don’t understand. I’ve tried to reply to the guy talking about issues starting up SWTOR @Geri123 Every time I click submit after typing up my reply I get goose egg, nothing.

Okay, now it works. Apparently the function for quoting certain users is broken.

It worked when I quoted @Dan earlier today.

It’s happened to me as well and I reported it to Dan so he will have to look in the back end of the forum software or in the spam folder?

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    @Dan Just cleaned some files with “WiseDisk Cleaner 10.2.6.777 portable” got the same problem that was fixed for privazer. Red WLC icon in endless scanning while not showing which file is considered “unsafe”. VS 5.60

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you David and Geri… I have isolated Geri’s issue, it is an easy fix.  David, can you send me a link the app you are downloading, or tell me how to download it?

BTW, I have been working hard on getting the new WLC servers up and running.  There will be 2 for now… one in California, one in Chicago and eventually one in London or Amsterdam.  So far I am incredibly impressed with how much faster it is using these new servers.

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Hope that you are well?

Great news about the servers…all going really well here on both systems with 5.60…the only niggle seems to be that average scans times, just after installing 5.60, have gone up from around 8-9 secs to around 18 secs…not a big issue and coiuld be for a number of reasons…just thought you might find the feedback useful.

Have a great weekend.

Respect, Baldrickk

djg05
    Participant
    none

“Thank you David and Geri… I have isolated Geri’s issue, it is an easy fix.  David, can you send me a link the app you are downloading, or tell me how to download it?”

Hi Dan

Here is the d/l link. You do not have to pay anything.

This is the reply I received from the developers which I hope helps.

“Dear David,
    This error relates to a 3rd party program interfering with Home Accountz. Most often it’s anti-virus software or a firewall on your computer which is stopping Home Accountz from ‘talking’ to our server.

Please ensure your anti-virus/firewall software is not scanning the Home Accountz.exe and the AccountzData folder (which stores your file). This is because the file is a live database and every transaction you make will then be flagged as a change that needs scanning to check it’safe”

David

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    dual prong question ref win7 and VS

going online with win10 in virtual machine running VS 5.60, BUT also running win7 with VS 5.04 & WLC 1.05.

on win7 so far not getting automatic popup to update to 5.60, but really wondering… is, or how is, WLC incorporated with VS 5.60 different than WLC 1.05 running as a “stand alone” but alongside VS 5.04??  That aside, win7 has a 3d-party firewall so on win7 the WLC firewall rules are disabled.  Would 5.60 combo of both apps offer MORE protection on win7 than the current setup of individual apps?

I’ve been following the development of 5.50 & WLC but answer to this is unclear (to me).

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, I will be back asap, but I wanted to mention something.  You might have noticed a lot of “False Positives” the last day or two.  Out models on the Azure ML platform are having a lot of trouble at the moment.  It is fixed on the WLC server now… basically I implemented some additional error handling on the WLC server for when the Azure ML platform is unreachable, so the next time it goes down we will not have this issue.  Thank you guys, talk to you soon!
    boredog
    Participant
    none
    wlc has been scanning two files for over 24 hours.

HempOil
    Participant
    CA
    Hi Dan,

I just wanted to drop in to say that several days ago (Jan 14th, I believe), VS prompted me to update from 5.55 to 5.60 Public Release. It has been running without incident ever since.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by HempOil.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1909, build 18363.1082 (hyper-threading disabled). Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7036. Microsoft Defender Antivirus. HMP.A 3.8.6 Build 875 & HMP 3.8.20 b314 (64-bit). VoodooShield 6.02a beta. Google Chrome 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox.  
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

boredog: wlc has been scanning two files for over 24 hours.

Hey Guys, there still might be a couple of instances like this where WLC cannot obtain the hash of the file, so if this happens, please email me your whitelist.db and the 2 developer logs, I am working on a fix for the other couple remaining issues, thank you!

Geri123
    Participant
    none
    @Dan Every now and then I get it that no filenames are shown in the WLC screen. Not seeing what WLC does is no fun. With no visible info I can’t see if the WLC is just very slow atm or “gave up” 😀 VS 5.60

Logs send via email. Could you please also take a look at the swtor files VS always seem to forgot? Posted

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Geri123.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by Geri123.
    Baldrick
    Participant
    none

djg05:

“Thank you David and Geri… I have isolated Geri’s issue, it is an easy fix.  David, can you send me a link the app you are downloading, or tell me how to download it?”

Hi Dan

Here is the d/l link. You do not have to pay anything.

This is the reply I received from the developers which I hope helps.

“Dear David,
    This error relates to a 3rd party program interfering with Home Accountz. Most often it’s anti-virus software or a firewall on your computer which is stopping Home Accountz from ‘talking’ to our server.

Please ensure your anti-virus/firewall software is not scanning the Home Accountz.exe and the AccountzData folder (which stores your file). This is because the file is a live database and every transaction you make will then be flagged as a change that needs scanning to check it’safe”

David

Hi djg05

Just seen your posts on this and am soimewhat mystified as I am an Accountz software user (have been for some 8 years now) and in fact was running the app this weekend, as I do most weeks…and absolutely no issue with 5.60 installed…WLC works fine & Accountz works fine.

So go figure? Perhaops by comparing logs from both oiur installations Dan can work out why works for me and not for you?

Regards, Baldrick

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    Just on update on my system. I have been running 5.60 since you released it with no problems at all other than very occasionally having to whitelist an item.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, VoodooAi is back up and running again… there might have been some odd WLC results, mainly false positives while VoodooAi was down.  The good news is that VS handled the issue extremely well, so now we know that even if VoodooAi goes down, VS will continue to run (with somewhat odd WLC results ;)).

VoodooAi went down after Azure had an issue on their end, which was described by a Microsoft rep as “We had an issue last week where the web service calls were failing. The engineering team found that this was due to the TLS1.2 enforcement that happened org wide. Hence, they had to update the services to TLS1.2 as well. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.”  That is just the way tech is… you just kind of have to roll with the punches.  I mean, we could all be running 15 year old tech and it would be stable, or we can forge ahead and create new cool tech.

I also released a new version of the standalone version of WLC 1.06.  A patched version of VS will be available soon, after I fix the other couple of items.  Until then, VS will run normal, but you will not be able to see the VoodooAi result for new items.  You can see them for old items because VS is grabbing them from the database.

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Hi Dan,

5.60 has been a real trooper here, no issues to report at all.  I see a few had the odd bug but hopefully your next build will solve them.  May as well take your time and ensure the next build is perfect, aye?

Cheers from hot Oz,

Dave

Viewing 15 replies - 721 through 735 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.