VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 706 through 720 (of 851 total)
  • Replies
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    If you implement the option to scan files of 500mb better give the users an option to cancel/ask for the WLC upload. I wouldn’t want to be the user with a slow upload “forced” to see a 500mb upload happening 😀 In some countrys the upload is like 1/10 from the maximum download or worse.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Geri123: If you implement the option to scan files of 500mb better give the users an option to cancel/ask for the WLC upload. I wouldn’t want to be the user with a slow upload “forced” to see a 500mb upload happening 😀 In some countrys the upload is like 1/10 from the maximum download or worse.

Yeah, we should figure out something for this… for now it is best to just disable WLC if you are on a slow upload or metered connection.  The upload will timeout after 5 minutes anyway… which is currently adjusted for the 100mb limit.  Once we change it to a 500mb limit, we might have to change the timeout as well.  Thank you!

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    What would it take to allow the user limit the upload speed?
    |VPN| Sandboxie| VoodooShield(Paid)| ComodoFW(Free)| HitmanPro.Alert!(Paid)| I fiddle with whitelisting software.
    greenhat
    Participant
    Been following this WLC issue thread with much interest particularly because when my paid VS expired last Dec. 31, I no longer had WLC. Yet I maintained VS free with “Always On” setting and was delighted when VS 5.60 came out. VS, even free, just keeps getting better, with or without WLC.

Dan, I really think WLC is the next big breakthrough after VS and I wish you the best and success in putting these two technologies together. From reading all this, you’re almost there!

Blessings to you…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by greenhat.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

GrDukeMalden: What would it take to allow the user limit the upload speed?

I think it would be pretty easy, what do you have in mind?

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

greenhat: Been following this WLC issue thread with much interest particularly because when my paid VS expired last Dec. 31, I no longer had WLC. Yet I maintained VS free with “Always On” setting and was delighted when VS 5.60 came out. VS, even free, just keeps getting better, with or without WLC.

Dan, I really think WLC is the next big breakthrough after VS and I wish you the best and success in putting these two technologies together. From reading all this, you’re almost there!

Blessings to you…

Thank you, I appreciate that.  Yeah, I am pretty excited about WLC as well, especially once we refine it a little more over the next month or two.  Also, I did not even realize that WLC would convert Free users to Pro users, but it certainly is.

djg05
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Followed your instructions re doing fully clean install of 5.6 and left it for a few days to sort itself out. It now seems to be running fine.

Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work.

David

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

djg05: Hi Dan

Followed your instructions re doing fully clean install of 5.6 and left it for a few days to sort itself out. It now seems to be running fine.

Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work.

David

Thank you David, happy to hear this ;).

Geri123
    Participant
    none
    @Dan Just as info. VS can’t seem to remember when I allow the brsptstub.exe which is used to patch Starwars the old republic (talking about the MMORPG and not some cracked game). The file is used to patch the client (afaik). But even when there was no patchdownload VS wants me to “allow” it every time again. VS 5.50 always on mode
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US

Dan:

I think it would be pretty easy, what do you have in mind?

Just give the user the option to limit the upload speed to X-number of KB per second and  also give the user the option to only do uploads during idle time. Or maybe just one or the other.

If you do implement an option to let the user choose to do uploads only during idle time, that would need to be an option that’s enabled by default out of the box.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by GrDukeMalden. Reason: Thought of something else as well
    |VPN| Sandboxie| VoodooShield(Paid)| ComodoFW(Free)| HitmanPro.Alert!(Paid)| I fiddle with whitelisting software.
    khanyash
    Participant
    none
    I just replied in this topic but I don’t see the post here.

I quoted Dan’s post https://voodooforums.com/forums/topic/voodooshield-5-50/page/47/#post-3729 and replied but I don’t see my post here.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by khanyash.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by khanyash.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    @khanyash.

You cannot quote and reply to a quoted post. You have to reply to it and/or add your own quote to your post.

Example:

@Dan about post…

Hope it does help.

"Today is yesterday's future"

khanyash
    Participant
    none
    Dan,

How about adding these settings?

1. Automatically upload unknown files.

2. Manually upload unknown files.

If manually upload is selected, there should be an upload option for unknown files on alerts.

You may add a file size limit drop-down option for the mentioned settings.

I think the mentioned settings should be added for all protection, WhitelistCloud, VoodooAi, BlacklistScanner.

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    I don’t understand. I’ve tried to reply to the guy talking about issues starting up SWTOR @Geri123 Every time I click submit after typing up my reply I get goose egg, nothing.

Okay, now it works. Apparently the function for quoting certain users is broken.

It worked when I quoted @Dan earlier today.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by GrDukeMalden.
    djg05
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Still having problems here.

I am installing a program from here
    https://www.accountz.com/pages/home-accountz
    and VS when I click on the WL to allow it causes VS to freeze and also the account program to crash. I thought you might want to know about this, in the meantime I will try turning WL off to get the program to work.

David

Viewing 15 replies - 706 through 720 (of 851 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.