VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 691 through 705 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    gorblimey
    Participant
    none

djg05: Tried to white list the “Not Safe” (which is MSOffice) and it froze VS.

I’m trying (unsuccessfully) to not ROFL 🙁  How ironic!

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    gorblimey
    Participant
    none

boredog: windows wont let me download this version.

Is that Windows Defender or whatever name it has now?

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    boredog
    Participant
    none
    I think it is edge smart screen. I just tried thru the gui and that worked
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

djg05: Hi Dan

Sorry to be the one to spoil the party

Installed 5.59 with a clean install removing all settings. There were about 40 items being analyzed but that was down to 3 by this morning.

Got the auto update to 5.6 but it was unable to complete until I disabled WLC and rebooted. It had also disabled parts of the computer making the reboot mandatory.

After it was up and running it eventually settled down to the same 3 items in WLC. 2 being analyzed and 1 not safe. Tried to white list the “Not Safe” (which is MSOffice) and it froze VS. Then had to reboot.

Let me know if you want me to send you anything.

David

Hey David, here is what I would do…

1.  Exit out of VS and completely uninstall, and click Yes when it asks if you want to remove the settings and logs.

2.  Reboot the computer

3.  Install VS 5.60

4.  It should run perfectly for you, but please email me the DeveloperLog.log and DeveloperServiceLog.log just to be sure.

Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

boredog: windows wont let me download this version. first time this has happened

Actually, this happens pretty much every time we have a new public release.  Edge detects VS as a virus… and I have reported it over and over and over to Microsoft, and they only fix the issue for the one release, so the next release I have to submit the file again.  It is odd though, they never flag the beta releases, just the public ones that are posted on our main website.  Thank you for letting me know, I will report this now.

schmidthouse
    Participant
    none
    Install latest 5.60 via program auto update with no issues at all on both Win 10 64 Bit systems.

Nicely done, all running smooth with no conflicts here.

Telos
    Participant
    none
    Installed v5.6 w/WLC. It mislabeled a few as not safe. I changed those.

One of the ones I marked as “safe” (sharex.exe) continued to behave badly (I couldn’t not upload images to web storage).

Opening my firewall rules I saw that WLC blocks were still in place for sharex.exe (and another app) which I had marked “safe”.

IMO, users should not need to edit firewall rules outside of WLC safe/not safe designations.

PS: How do I login here without the woman in the high-necked blouse and fake smile staring at me? [EDIT: Adblock to the rescue; all good now]

PSS: what is the letter “P” doing in the box below this post?

Darek
    Participant
    The same there,

Updated to 5.60 without any issues.

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    WLC has been a bit of a bandwidth hog in recent days. Is there a way to disable auto uploads to the cloud and to have it just check the hash?
    |VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| SecureAPlus(Paid,Pro)| Sandboxie Plus by Xanasoft| HitManPro.Alert!(Paid)|
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Telos: Installed v5.6 w/WLC. It mislabeled a few as not safe. I changed those.

One of the ones I marked as “safe” (sharex.exe) continued to behave badly (I couldn’t not upload images to web storage).

Opening my firewall rules I saw that WLC blocks were still in place for sharex.exe (and another app) which I had marked “safe”.

IMO, users should not need to edit firewall rules outside of WLC safe/not safe designations.

PS: How do I login here without the woman in the high-necked blouse and fake smile staring at me? [EDIT: Adblock to the rescue; all good now]

I agree… we need to work on refining WLC a little more so that it manages the firewall rules on its own.  It is close, but it may not quite be there yet, so we can keep an eye on it.  The old entries might have been from an previous install of VS / WLC… maybe ;).

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

GrDukeMalden: WLC has been a bit of a bandwidth hog in recent days. Is there a way to disable auto uploads to the cloud and to have it just check the hash?

I understand, but if we had that option and everyone disabled auto upload, then the database would not have any hashes to look up ;).  If you give it another couple of weeks, the database will grow considerably because now all of the VS users are updating to 5.60 and it will have a lot more hashes.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Again, thank you guys for all of your help!  In a day or two the WLC will be on a much larger and capable server, so it should be even quicker and we should be able to increase the 100mb limit to 500mb.  Then again, the bottleneck is most likely on the upload on the client side… but it certainly will not hurt.  Thanks again, talk to you soon!
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Telos:

It’s part of the forum software and nothing more!

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    khanyash
    Participant
    none
    WhitelistCloud snapshot scan uploads the files every time?
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

khanyash: WhitelistCloud snapshot scan uploads the files every time?

WLC will first check to see if that specific file (by SHA-256) has been analyzed before, and if it has then it does not be analyzed again, so it just returns the result (very quickly).  If that specific file has not been analyzed before then it needs to upload the file for analysis, which can be slow depending on the user’s upload speed and the size of the file.  WLC then stores the result in the cloud database so that the next time an endpoint analyzes that specific file, the file does not need to be uploaded again, it simply looks up the result in the database.

If for some odd reason you find that WLC is uploading every single file, that means that your connection to the WLC database is being blocked, in which case, please let me know because we need to figure out why.

Viewing 15 replies - 691 through 705 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.