VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 661 through 675 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    djg05
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Tried 5.58 over the top and clean install keeping the settings and still WLC keeps searching. On the previous builds I have deleted all settings etc and it made no difference.

Have found that if you page down the list it immediately returns to the top so that there is no way to click on “Not Safe” items.

Had to use Krustys method to uninstall it.

This is on Win 10 pro.

David

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by djg05.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys,

There might be some minor things we need to tweak and refine over the next month or so (WLC dups, red tray icon timing, etc.), but I believe this version is now stable. The main issue that some users experienced turned out to be a simple timeout between the gui and the service, and in hindsight it makes perfect sense because VS 5.5 will take a few more seconds during the initial run, but will quicker on subsequent runs.  And it explains why only a small handful of people experienced this issue.

The only remaining bug that I am not sure is fixed is the one where non English users have issues with VoodooShield Settings and registering, but I think this is fixed now. If not, please send me your DeveloperLog.log.

If you were having any issues, then I would do a clean install, otherwise you can install over the top.

VS 5.59
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield559.exe
    SHA-256: d20627b2447fd9c0b47e15a7ea678aad57460a7ca3559fc0e1a86dee16ec03a2

Thanks again for all of your help, I really appreciate it, have a great weekend!

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Hey Dan,

The private build you sent has been running great.  This latest build is also running fine and dandy.

Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you guys as well!  I looked at the error reporting logs on the server this morning and the only remaining exception so far is the one that is affecting some Non-English users of VS, where VS crashes when you to into VoodooShield Settings.  It is a simple language conversion issue, like 2,22 instead of 2.22.  As a matter of fact, I have never seen the error reporting logs this clean… ever.

There is one other bug for the free download manager extension, but it is nothing major and I am going to fix both right now.

Talk to you guys soon!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, please hold off for an hour or two and I will upload what should be the final release for 5.50… the 2 bugs listed above are now fixed, along with the WLC dups and missing entries, and I am working on the last known bug (the missing hash bug).  Thank you guys!
    schmidthouse
    Participant
    none
    Thanks Dan, Holding off
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, this should just about do it for now, please let me know if I missed anything, thanks again for all of your help!!!

VS 5.59c
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield559c.exe
    SHA-256: a2ddd543bbf1dc5226c4e9e224672e2021e8325e3461c11e3c3871b744df0e13

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    Thank you Dan.
    I have just updated over the top, it went well with no problems, I will keep an eye on it for you.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Tarnak
    Participant
    I have been running v5.59 for at least day, and I thought I would see if that file from WSA would turn up as unsafe again , and it did. Just letting you know.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Not a major issue but after a clean install of 5.59c I am still seeing duplicates in the WLC tab.

Cheers!

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    5.59 over the top did run smoothly.

Reporting on 5.59c Beta over the top in 24 hours.

Have a nice weekend

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, a couple of quick things…

There will be duplicates in the VoodooShield Settings Whitelist tab because these items have different parent processes.  VS considers many features before allowing an item, like the process name, path, hash, file size, parent process, etc., so there will be duplicates in the Whitelist tab.  For example, a lot of binaries call conhost, so there will probably be 10 or so conhost entries.  Basically VS considers the entire chain of events (not just the hash and file size for example)… it is quite complex and I will explain how it works one day.  The goal is to have the tiniest whitelist possible, and to only allow what is absolutely necessary on the endpoint, and only allow items to do what they are supposed to be doing… and it all pretty much happens automagically.  This is infinitely more secure than simply whitelisting the entire drive only by hash and possibly file size upon installation… and not to mention, assuming that the whitelist that is initially built does not contain malware.  Then again WLC would fix this… but that is another story ;).  Anyway, it is complexities like this that makes VS somewhat difficult to debug… but once it is finished it will be worth it, I promise ;).

However, there should not be any duplicates in the WhitelistCloud (WLC) tab, and if there are, please send me your whitelist.db file and I will find out why.  It is actually quite easy to figure out once I see the whitelist.db.  As you guys know, the dups do not hurt anything, but we do what to polish the heck out of VS now that it is stable… that is actually the fun part ;).

Also, there will be some files that WLC cannot determine to be Safe (like the Webroot file)… this is completely normal.  The job of WLC is to ONLY identify files that it is essentially certain are safe.  At some point we might manually whitelist files, but at this point it does not look like we need to.

One last thing… so far there has not been one single exception on 5.59c… this is the first time ever this has happened with VS.  So I think we are extremely close to having a 100% bug free version of VS.  It was a rough 40 days or so, but I am happy we did it and also happy that you guys stuck with it.  Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB

Dan: One last thing… so far there has not been one single exception on 5.59c… this is the first time ever this has happened with VS. So I think we are extremely close to having a 100% bug free version of VS. It was a rough 40 days or so, but I am happy we did it and also happy that you guys stuck with it. Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

That is fantastic news Dan, well done and thank you for all of your hard work.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    5.59c is working well here!
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Tarnak
    Participant
    Dan said:

“Also, there will be some files that WLC cannot determine to be Safe (like the Webroot file)… this is completely normal.  The job of WLC is to ONLY identify files that it is essentially certain are safe.  At some point we might manually whitelist files, but at this point it does not look like we need to.”

Regarding that pesky “Webroot file”,  it  appears only once, and not twice as was happening, with the previous beta versions. So,  that is good, methinks. 🙂

P.S. Just have to install version 5.59c, later on this morning. Preferably, an over the top install, will be the go, since I am too lazy to do a clean install.

Viewing 15 replies - 661 through 675 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.