VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Just checked WLC (integrated) and it flags 1 unsafe file but it does not list it.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Clean uninstall and re installation of VS 5.50 Beta seems to do the trick, no unsafe file flagging. Finger crossed

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Gandalf: Dan, can you add the new chromium based Edge to the web apps?

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe”

I have now added it myself through auto detect additional running web apps.

I thought I did ;).  It should be under the Edge icon and it covers both the old Edge and new Edge… if it is not working correctly please let me know, thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

VecchioScarpone: Clean uninstall and re installation of VS 5.50 Beta seems to do the trick, no unsafe file flagging. Finger crossed

Oops, thank you… I forgot to mention, if you are running 5.50beta, please completely uninstall VS and choose Yes when asked to remove settings and logs.  If you are running 4.02 or 4.04, you should be able to install over the top.

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL

Dan:

Gandalf: Dan, can you add the new chromium based Edge to the web apps?

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe”

I have now added it myself through auto detect additional running web apps.

I thought I did ;).  It should be under the Edge icon and it covers both the old Edge and new Edge… if it is not working correctly please let me know, thank you!

It’s not working for me. I have to use auto detect additional running web apps to add MSEDGE.

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hey Dan

You caught me on the hop again…was just about to install 5.50 when up popped 5.51. Anyway decided to do a complete uninstall of 5.04 & also of WLC 1.04b, and then a fresh install of 5.51.

No issues experienced in that and so far nothing standing out as an issue…but I will give it some welly over the next couple of days and see what, if anything drops out.

Regards, Baldrick

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB

Baldrick: Hey Dan

You caught me on the hop again…was just about to install 5.50 when up popped 5.51. Anyway decided to do a complete uninstall of 5.04 & also of WLC 1.04b, and then a fresh install of 5.51.

No issues experienced in that and so far nothing standing out as an issue…but I will give it some welly over the next couple of days and see what, if anything drops out.

Regards, Baldrick

Strange here then Baldrick, I am on 5.50 and it says I am running the latest. I have had a few probs though so I am going to try a clean install now to see if that helps.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    A fresh install of 5.51 and the WLC scan has been running for over 10 minutes so far.
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Tried to exit VS and got this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.ThrowIfDisposedOrNotOpen()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at VoodooShield.VoodooShieldService.IVoodooShield.UserExited(Boolean Exited)
    at VoodooShield.Main.﷢(Object ﷐, EventArgs ﷑)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Krusty.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Dan.
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Hey TH,

Are you suggesting 5.51?  If you read the post above that is the version I tried just now.

On another note, it looks like you a quoting me with a download link that I never posted here.

Thanks.

Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Krusty: Hey TH,

Are you suggesting 5.51?  If you read the post above that is the version I tried just now.

On another note, it looks like you a quoting me with a download link that I never posted here.

Thanks.

No it was meant for Jasper The Rasper sorry! Yea I’m still getting use to this forum software…..

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Hey Dan,

I just uninstalled VoodooShields 5.50 and installed 5.51. Everything is great so far. btw: I don’t think I had the WLC icon in v5.50 until now? Or I did not notice it. I couldn’t figure out what everyone was talking about until I did a clean reinstall of VS. Just like you mentioned I did have to re-register.

Thanks for all you do!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta  VS 6.03 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Installed 5.51 over the top. No registration required. No issue with WLC or other to report.

Sweet…

Tarnak
    Participant

Dan: BTW, if you installed the 5.50 beta, you will need to uninstall VS then install the 5.51 beta.

Well, just by trying to exit VS  5.50 beta via the tray icon caused an exception as follows.  So, fun and games!!!!!!!!  …or, not.  Depending on outcome of the uninstall result, I guess.  😉

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.ThrowIfDisposedOrNotOpen()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at VoodooShield.VoodooShieldService.IVoodooShield.UserExited(Boolean Exited)
    at VoodooShield.Main.﷢(Object ﷐, EventArgs ﷑)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.