VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 571 through 585 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Same again on my second machine.
    Tarnak
    Participant
    @Krusty

I just got same thing when I turned my VPN on. One should still be able to use VS with a VPN!

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    I completely agree @Tarnak.

Same pop up on the first machine.  I have to wonder if the server is going down or what’s happening.  I had no issues what so ever on 5.55.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    The second machine had the pop up again.  As both machines are affected at the same time it would appear that either the servers are going down briefly, or the connection between me and the servers gets interrupted.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    5.56 over 5.55 all sweet. Open VPN to test, after a update, I got a red flag, for a temp.bat file empty, 0 bites. (See first screenshot.) Deleted from appdata folder ( not whitelisted) and no more WLC red flag. Not sure if the temp file came from VPN updating but I assume so as I had no red flag before.

Tested VPN set to start at PC startup and no warning from WLC till initiated a manual scan, then I got the prompt to disable WLC, i guess a schedule scan will cause that too (See second screenshot). After renabling WLC and run a scan all peachy no more warning.  I suspect I may get the merry go around when restarting the computer, I”ll report accordingly.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Sorry the double entry, find 1st screenshot of above post enclosed.

BTW, yes starting VPN and running a manual WLC scan after PC restart cause the disabling whitelist prompt again.

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    I’m running vpn here, normally I do not see issues with WLC and vpn, unless the vpn updates with a new file that is often not signed, then it gets flagged as unsafe.  I think Dan has server issues sometimes, he suggested DDoS attacks from time to time…?
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

simmerskool: I’m running vpn here, normally I do not see issues with WLC and vpn, unless the vpn updates with a new file that is often not signed, then it gets flagged as unsafe.  I think Dan has server issues sometimes, he suggested DDoS attacks from time to time…?

I tend to agree with yous assessment.

The VPN issue I am experiencing seems to be random, often enough when testing, i mean starting, exit, starting again… That suggest a server issue.

Personally i found this my VPN issue negligible and easy to fix from my end. VS+WLC is stable since 5.54K for me.

Though I did not check the VPN as I rarely use it. I tested today after reading Krusty & Tarnak posts.

Cheers.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Guys, I will be back a little later, but real quick about the VPN message box… there is a 3 second timeout, so it could also be that it takes a little longer to receive the response from the web server if going through a VPN.  So basically, this is a test to see if a 3 second timeout is sufficient, or to see if we need to increase the timeout a little.  We could make it much longer, like say 30 seconds, but then it would appear to the user that VS is “dragging” or “running slow”.  So the whole goal is to find the best timeout value and to get everything to work as well as we can with the various VPN’s.  Maybe for the next version we can increase the timeout to 5 seconds or so… we can talk about it and see… but I just wanted to give you guys an idea of why you see the message box sometimes but not other times.  Thank you, talk to you guys soon!
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    The thing is, Dan, I am not using a VPN when I see the pop up.  As I mentioned to you once before, I wonder if there is a delay reaching the server from Down Under?

Edit:  Not download speed, but latency.

Anyway, for the time being I have clean installed 5.55.  No issue to report.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Krusty.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Dan FYI, no rush mate.

You said: “there is a 3 second timeout, so it could also be that it takes a little longer to receive the response from the web server if going through a VPN. “

After initiating a manual scan I can confirm that prompt disappear and report safe after waiting average 4 seconds without need of any further action from me.👍

Edit:

Spoke too soon. Sometime a WLC manual scan while using VPN gives a prompt and goes into a indefinite spin, sometime just few seconds.
    Again it is a random affair and often there is no warning prompt at all.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Just a feedback, don’t mean to be pedantic., Krusty is not seen double after the New Year party. I just got a prompt out of the blue and I am not using a VPN, ???

I did click on No box, prompt went away.

Tarnak
    Participant
    Nothing wrong about being pedantic. It can also mean one is being precise when it comes to  making observations about the software we are beta testing.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Tarnak: Nothing wrong about being pedantic. It can also mean one is being precise when it comes to  making observations about the software we are beta testing.

Thanks mate. Hope you are safe, terrible news about the fires these past few days.

Tarnak
    Participant
    I am good living by the sea, on the Sunshine Coast. Just watched ScoMo giving a press conference about the fire situation in Victoria and NSW.
Viewing 15 replies - 571 through 585 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.