VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 496 through 510 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Yeah, I have been able to reproduce that on my end yet.  If anyone has the steps to reproduce this, please let me know.  At that point it will just be a matter of moving some code around a little.  Thank you!
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    I updated to the latest build last night, no problems at all until I installed an app from the BBCiplayer which enables me to download the occasional program, it is now caught in a loop analylizing those exe’s.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    djg05
    Participant
    none

Dan: How odd… David, when you get a chance, can you please email me your logs and I will take a look?  Thank you!

Thanks Dan

Sent the files off to support.

David

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Jasper The Rasper: I updated to the latest build last night, no problems at all until I installed an app from the BBCiplayer which enables me to download the occasional program, it is now caught in a loop analylizing those exe’s.

Can I please get link so I can download the app to reproduce the error?  Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

djg05:

Dan: How odd… David, when you get a chance, can you please email me your logs and I will take a look?  Thank you!

Thanks Dan

Sent the files off to support.

David

Thank you for the info!  It looks like for whatever reason the .db files are not being removed when you uninstall VS.  I would completely uninstall VS and respond “Yes” when it asks if you want to remove the Settings and Logs.  Then reboot the computer and then make sure there are no files in the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield folder.

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    installed 5.54H over 5.54G on win10_vm. seems ok, last WLC scan 0.15s

I did end up with an issue with 5.54G where it reported “not safe” but no file was listed, then I fully uninstalled G, and when I reinstalled it, it wanted my registration password, which I had somehow lost.  Went to VS server and it sent me a new pw, which worked, then Dan also sent me a pw via email, different than what the server had sent.  my 5.04 running on win7 has its own pw too, but all seem to be working, but not sure how I “manage” all the pw on web management.  I clicked “log into the web management console” from settings, and of course it wants a pw, obviously it’s not picking up the registration pw from VS app.  (should it? is it that same?)  Whatever broke my first installation of G, I forgot to backup the logs before doing a double clean reinstall, so no log trace to send Dan.  But so far +15m H running ok.

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

A Merry Xmas to you.

5.54H installed, via a clean install…and everything running perfectly here. WLC scan times are in general about the 0.25 secs mark but I have seen as low as 0.18 secs.

Respect, Baldrick

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very cool, Merry Christmas to you guys as well!!!

BTW, I believe the analysis machines in the cloud are 100% bug free and stable now, so that will no longer be an issue.

If anyone is still having problems with “hidden” files that are classified as Not Safe, I can just remove all of the filters from the list on the WhitelistCloud tab in VS Settings, and it will show every single item each time.  We will then be able to figure out which item is causing the issue and why it is doing so… and it would be an easy fix from there.

If you guys have ANY issues with the latest version, please uninstall make sure all of the files in the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield directory are removed, then reinstall.

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Merry Xmas to you too Dan and to everybody .

5.54H running smoothly here.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    Happy Christmas everyone, I hope you all have a marvellous time.

I have just reinstalled 5.54H here Dan due to some files showing unsafe again. I will see how it goes though now.

I have just noticed that a post I thought I had submitted earlier is not showing Dan because you requested a link, if you still want it let me know.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    I installed 5.54H over the top of the G version. No issues that I can see.

Should I email you my logs?

|VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| Comodo FW(Free)| SandboxiePlus, By Xanasoft| HitManPro.ALERT!(Paid)|
    HempOil
    Participant
    CA

GrDukeMalden: I installed 5.54H over the top of the G version. No issues that I can see.

Same here.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 20H2, build 19042.630 (hyper-threading disabled).
    Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7062.
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
    HMP.A 3.8.8 Build 889RC & HMP 3.8.20 b314 (64-bit).
    VoodooShield 6.07.
    Google Chrome 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox.
    greenhat
    Participant
    Installed VoodooShield 5.54H beta after holding off forever while on VS 5.04. Did complete uninstall and clean install. Wow, even WLC is working like a charm, no glitches whatsoever! VS has got to be one of the most significant security breakthroughs. Have 1 license here, but noticed thought that on my other laptops which only have VS free they don’t have WLC. Dan, you are a most generous person, can there be a free version of WLC for us ordinary guys who can shell out the bucks just for one 1-year license? You know, just like VS free. No harm in asking, right?
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, I really will try to catch up on the posts I missed at some point, but right now I need to get away from the computer ;).  I spent all day fixing a bug that was quite difficult to fix, but it is fixed now ;).  There are a couple of somewhat significant changes in this version, but they should not cause any issues, but if they do please let me know… if anything VS should run even better.

The snapshot scan will be slightly slower, but it is still super fast.  Mine is usually around 1-2 seconds on my two main machines.

The WLC analysis machines are holding steady, so I think they are bug free and good to go as well.  There was another malware sample from someone testing that was signed with an EV cert… so I had to tighten things up a little in WLC ;).

VS 5.54I beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554Ibeta.exe
    SHA-256: 03c1f22ba2e9d73b96cf6133b4bf9da711bddd73063b7d2ab4859e304ad2c615

Thank you guys, have a great weekend, and happy new year if I do not talk to you before then!

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    installed 5.54I over H.  Seemed to go ok.  initial WLC scan 2.51 sec.

Viewing 15 replies - 496 through 510 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.