VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 466 through 480 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Krusty: An eye blink takes around .04 of a second.  Seems WLC is scanning too quickly.

Some time randomly it take 0.26 of a sec. Dan said something on a post after 5.554G introduction regarding Temp. files or folders? not being scanned, hence the very quick scans.

I’m bewildered too by the speed, 3 eyes blink just now….

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    From Dan post:

Very cool, thank you guys!  Yeah, without the temp cleanup and with a few optimizations, the scan will be super fast.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU

VecchioScarpone: From Dan post:

Very cool, thank you guys!  Yeah, without the temp cleanup and with a few optimizations, the scan will be super fast.

Ok, got it.

Thanks!

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    You are welcome. No need for starting the oven for my pizza today, my Ute booth will do.

Stay frosty as usual😎

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    5.54G last scan here = 0.18 seconds, so in line with other are seeing.

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Hello,

5.54G My last scan was .34 sec…

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta  VS 6.03 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    I just updated SuperAnti-Spyware (free version) using PatchMyPc on one PC.  I then went to my other machine to do the same.  On the second machine I decided to check WLC and as soon as I opened VS it started scanning a new SAS file.  Suspecting my first machine would also be scanning that same file, I opened VS on that machine too.  Same thing!  as soon as I opened VS it started scanning that same file.

Why did WLC wait until I opened VS to show me an unsafe file?

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey Krusty, I am not exactly sure what you mean, but it depends… did VS block the file and then you allowed it?  It was probably uploading the file while you were opening the WLC settings… and it just took a little white to upload the file.

What was the name and hash of the file… I am seeing a recent SAS file that was analyzed, but it was classified as Safe.

There is an option in the WhitelistCloud tab named “Notify me when new Not Safe items are detected on scans”, and I think this is what you are looking for.

Either way, these are all little things that we need to work out and optimize so everything makes sense to everyone.

BTW, I think most of the bugs are worked out and I am just working on a few more optimizations, thank you guys!

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Dan, I am not talking about VS blocks.  I had already allowed VS blocks.  I am talking about the WLC tray icon not turning red until I opened VS.

Dan: There is an option in the WhitelistCloud tab named “Notify me when new Not Safe items are detected on scans”, and I think this is what you are looking for.

No, the tray icon used to turn red but that isn’t what happened until I opened VS.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Sorry, I didn’t keep a record of that file.  Maybe this  –  550ceae946515cf892dbbee249d72d22bf44a11af3db16b578196fdca8170b1e

What ever the file was, I had to whitelist it.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Sounds good, thank you, I will keep my eye on it and figure out what is going on.  We want the icon to turn red when it makes sense to turn red… and it is easy to move the code to different places to make it turn red when we want it to.
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    fwiw, Brave updated itself here, and WLC determined Brave’s setup file was not safe as not signed, and the WLC systray icon here turned red without any interaction from me or with VS.  last +5 min scan took 0.15 sec.
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU

simmerskool: fwiw, Brave updated itself here, and WLC determined Brave’s setup file was not safe as not signed, and the WLC systray icon here turned red without any interaction from me or with VS.  last +5 min scan took 0.15 sec.

That’s funny as Brave updated here without me doing anything, WLC icon stayed white and no unsafe files were detected on two machines.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

simmerskool: fwiw, Brave updated itself here, and WLC determined Brave’s setup file was not safe as not signed, and the WLC systray icon here turned red without any interaction from me or with VS.  last +5 min scan took 0.15 sec.

@Krusty

Dan is aware of Brave.exe showing Red after updates, he is working on it. That is the way it has been for me since WLC first version. Only the second last Brave update did not turn red, the last did.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Yeah, but as I said, WLC tray icon remained white.  No unsafe files detected.
Viewing 15 replies - 466 through 480 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.