VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 436 through 450 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    I have come across no real problems yet Dan with 5.54F, it is performing well.
    I did have to Whitelist update.exe again after its first scan, every build has caught that one for some reason but it is OK now.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    HempOil
    Participant
    CA
    No issues here after upgrading to version 5.54F beta.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 20H2, build 19042.630 (hyper-threading disabled).
    Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.7062.
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
    HMP.A 3.8.8 Build 889RC & HMP 3.8.20 b314 (64-bit).
    VoodooShield 6.07.
    Google Chrome 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox.
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none

Jasper The Rasper: I have come across no real problems yet Dan with 5.54F, it is performing well.
    I did have to Whitelist update.exe again after its first scan, every build has caught that one for some reason but it is OK now.

JTR, signature says you use Glasswire, how does that interface with WLC firewall not safe block.  do you turn off that feature in WLC? or does Glasswire work hand in hand with windows firewall & Glasswire. I have never run Glasswire?

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    VS 5.54F has been running great, until…

I’ve got a red tray icon and constant scanning going on again.

Hopefully it is just a server issue.

Logs sent to Dan in any case.

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    Dan, I have a problem with a dll from Epson Software Updater WLC keeps giving the not safe verdict even after I have whitelisted the item.

E_UPWJ01.dll  8ce5c3f87747f8406e364a11578aaf2bad2ee45eea2a0ab5ab4af101dd109e94   0.96MB   Not Safe

1 unresolved not safe item and not visible any more in the list.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Gandalf.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, very important… if you are having any odd bugs like the ones listed above, please email me (support at voodooshield.com) your DeveloperLog.log, DeveloperServiceLog.log and the whitelist.db files from the C:\ProgramData\Voodooshield folder.

I can then take a look and see what is unique about that item that is causing the issue, and quickly fix it.  There will probably be several odd issues like this… there have already been 3-4, but they are super easy to fix once we know what is unique about the item that is causing the issue.  Thank you!

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    Hi Dan,

Logs are just been sent.

Do you also want a forum post or do we just sent the logs?

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Just email me please… I check my email constantly, whereas I only check the forums every hour or so ;).
    Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    No probbos here, Dan, but will keep a close look out over the next couple of days…just in case.

Respect, Baldrick

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Edit: I forgot to mention that I moved the snapshot scan code to the gui, so when you experience the bug, the gui might crash, but it will log the error so we will be able to find out why this is happening.

Hey guys, thank you for emailing me your logs and databases… here is kind of a test version for anyone who was having issues with VS. If you are running 5.54F and it is working for you, you can upgrade just to test if you want, but this version is mainly to help figure out these last couple of bugs.

For the people who have had issues…

1. Please uninstall VS, and choose YES when it asks if you want to delete your settings and logs.
    2. Reboot the computer
    3. Install VS from the link below

There is a 50% chance that this version will fix the issues, but if not, I added some logging that should tell us exactly where the issue is and it should be a quick fix. So if you still have issues, please just send me your DeveloperLog.log… I do not need the DeveloperServiceLog.log or the whitelist.db

VS 5.54G beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554Gbeta.exe
    SHA-256: 60efd004a377393d69583abbfefdc7f6c7deef28893df832e9dedbf50e6baba7

Thank you guys!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Dan.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Dan.
    oldschool
    Participant
    none
    @Dan 5.54G running fine here so far. I’ll keep you posted! 🙂 ^^

Edit: Scan time @ 18 sec.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by oldschool.
    Stay safe, not paranoid!
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    5.54G Clean install all good.

WLC manual scan time 0.06sec.

PC start, 0.40sec.

Arriba arriba Speedy Gonzales…

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very cool, thank you guys!  Yeah, without the temp cleanup and with a few optimizations, the scan will be super fast.

BTW, I uploaded a new version with the same 5.54G link that does not perform the snapshot scan immediately when VS starts just in case VS crashes right away… it will give users time to exit out of VS and uninstall it if necessary.

If you have already installed 5.54G, you might want to install again from the link above.  Sorry about that!

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Dan: Very cool, thank you guys!  Yeah, without the temp cleanup and with a few optimizations, the scan will be super fast.

BTW, I uploaded a new version with the same 5.54G link that does not perform the snapshot scan immediately when VS starts just in case VS crashes right away… it will give users time to exit out of VS and uninstall it if necessary.

If you have already installed 5.54G, you might want to install again from the link above.  Sorry about that!

Over the top or clean install?

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    If you are not having problems, over the top is fine.
Viewing 15 replies - 436 through 450 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.