VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 421 through 435 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    oldschool
    Participant
    none
    Installed Beta v.5.54F. Ironed out my previous problems and everything running well. ^^ 🙂

Initial WLC scan 30.8 sec

Stay safe, not paranoid!
    DotNetNightmare
    Participant
    Installed 5.54F and I have a bug where WC lists 1 Unresolved item yet there is no item listed. It was not there yesterday and no new installs. Fresh install of VS and Windows 1909.

Troubleshot it. Installed WC stand alone and no bug. Uninstalled 5.54F and installed no bug. My Windows and VS install is 24hrs old. Works good now.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

DotNetNightmare: Installed 5.54F and I have a bug where WC lists 1 Unresolved item yet there is no item listed. It was not there yesterday and no new installs. Fresh install of VS and Windows 1909.

Interesting, thank you for letting me know!  Can you please email me your C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield\whitelist.db?  You can just send it to support at voodooshield.com.  It should tell me what is going on, thank you!

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Dan

FYI: after I uninstall Apple Bonjour, WLC turn Red flag with 2 unsafe file but not details.

I did a refresh and all Safe. Just thought to let you know,  should we report these instances?

BTW WLC scan time further reduced to 2 to 4 sec Good.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Did you do a clean install of 5.54F?

Krusty: Guys,

After seeing red (tray icon) again I sent new logs to Dan.  Apparently over-installing F over E did not add the new VoodooShield service.

My advice, clean install 5.54F to ensure your machine is running the new service.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    yes, I made sure no traces of previous installations where left on PC.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you guys… these are probably temp files created by the installer that WLC is classifying as Not Safe.  Then once the scan is performed again, the temp files are deleted by WLC (Temp Cleanup) and also removed from the whitelist.  I assume that is what is going on… it makes the most sense, and I have seen something very similar.  We have several different options to fix this, but I want to think through it a little more for a day or two, and then fix the issue.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Dan: Thank you guys… these are probably temp files created by the installer that WLC is classifying as Not Safe.  Then once the scan is performed again, the temp files are deleted by WLC (Temp Cleanup) and also removed from the whitelist.  I assume that is what is going on… it makes the most sense, and I have seen something very similar.  We have several different options to fix this, but I want to think through it a little more for a day or two, and then fix the issue.

Did several install, uninstall of three separate apps. Here are my observations:

Install/uninstall without switching VS to Disable/Install Mode seems to cause WLC to flag those process as unsafe.

When I selected Disable/Install Mode, no Red icon.

Note that just clicking on Yes box of VS recommended prompt to disable VS seems not sufficient, WLC turn Red after process completed.

Hope this report is  intelligible.

PS. Logs sent.

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    installed 5.54F over top 5.54E, seemed to go ok on win10_vm. first scan 7.46 sec.

Also on win7, stand-alone WLC popped up alert to update to 1.05, and did that too, where win7 is also running VS 5.04.

+5 min second scan took 5.15 sec “all safe” reported.

FWIW I always set VS to disable / install when I’m installing apps, including VS, and when updating VS I also exit VS after I disable.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

simmerskool:

FWIW I always set VS to disable / install when I’m installing apps, including VS, and when updating VS I also exit VS after I disable.

Best Practice yes.

Disabling VS from its prompt may not be sufficient. I got the WLC Red Icon after uninstalling Apple Bonjour using the method as per attachment.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    BTW, the WLC server might be a little flaky for the next few hours… we are tying to fix the 500mb limit.
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    Coming from a person with backups available:
    For lots of installs VS is ok in “Autopilot” mode (not talking about e.g. Adguard updates :D). When you use “disabled” mode there is no VS protection for the whole install. At least that’s how I understand the mode description.
    oldschool
    Participant
    none
    @Dan VS shows 1 unresolved item but I can’t see any details. Huh??? I guess I’m sitting in Limbo.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by oldschool.
    Stay safe, not paranoid!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

oldschool: @Dan VS shows 1 unresolved item but I can’t see any details. Huh??? I guess I’m sitting in Limbo.

Yeah, I think it is a temp file from my post above… I am trying to decide which way I am going to fix this.  You should be able to run another scan and it should clear it up.  If not, the temp file is probably in use.

oldschool
    Participant
    none

Dan:

oldschool: @Dan VS shows 1 unresolved item but I can’t see any details. Huh??? I guess I’m sitting in Limbo.

Yeah, I think it is a temp file from my post above… I am trying to decide which way I am going to fix this.  You should be able to run another scan and it should clear it up.  If not, the temp file is probably in use.

OK, that’s what I thought.

Stay safe, not paranoid!
Viewing 15 replies - 421 through 435 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.