VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 406 through 420 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    5.54Fb over the top running smooth. WLC scan as previously reported averaging 7sec.

Enjoying a cool day here in Melbourne, from Monday a heat wave is gonna hit us, 39C on Wed, 41C on Fri, not even the beach will do during the day.

The City with four seasons in one day…

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Tarnak
    Participant
    I just updated  to WLC 1.05 beta standalone over the top. All OK. 🙂

Tarnak
    Participant
    Just some additional logging info from  VS GUI. 😉

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    Hi Dan, in VS 5.54F beta you also fixed the chromium edge not showing under web apps bug?

It’s now showing under web apps, but has also updated itself to version 79.0.309.51 today.

So no more bugs = good for general release?

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Gandalf: Hi Dan, in VS 5.54F beta you also fixed the chromium edge not showing under web apps bug?

It’s now showing under web apps, but has also updated itself to version 79.0.309.51 today.

So no more bugs = good for general release?

Confirm that EdgeChromium Stable and just tested EdgeBeta are showing under WebApps for me too.

Got version 79.0.309.51 yesterday.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Thanks @Dan for your amazingly fast reply and fix.

I’m on it now.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU

VecchioScarpone: Enjoying a cool day here in Melbourne, from Monday a heat wave is gonna hit us, 39C on Wed, 41C on Fri, not even the beach will do during the day.

Lucky VecchioS!  😀

Attachments:
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    @Krusty. Keep safe and cool😎

gorblimey
    Participant
    none

Dan:… one of his security apps was locking the file permissions of an item that WLC was trying to scan, so it put it into an infinite loop.

That’s exactly why I don’t have, er… clouds… of security on my boxes.  Not bashing any particular ethnic group here, but there’s a certain jurisdiction south of Canada that knows precisely the pain Krusty was having: there is indeed such a thing as having too much disconnected security, they all fight over the spoils in the end.

I run VS and Windows Firewall, that’s it.  Occasionally I’ll light up a malware scanner and sweep the system, but even then I have to tell myself “I’m NOT paranoid, I’m NOT paranoid, I’m NOT paranoid…”

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Guys,

After seeing red (tray icon) again I sent new logs to Dan.  Apparently over-installing F over E did not add the new VoodooShield service.

My advice, clean install 5.54F to ensure your machine is running the new service.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU

VecchioScarpone: @Krusty. Keep safe and cool😎

I always try to stay frosty.

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    I am running behind right now LOL

Every time I update come back on here the following day another update, that is good going Dan.

I am NOT complaining but if only other other software creators would have your level of commitment, things would be a lot safer.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    5.54F  keeps scanning 2 files.

EProjManager.exe 6e77fc1cb52a6e6bf906d8afbe35a000dcb2ed443f724dd37724d9460f80ac35 1.18 MB

AttachToEmail.exe 758d9584418177bf5f584cea8a073262c1cb8c6c89ed9a8fc93afc384b7f70f2 0.51 MB

Reset white list doesn’t work because scan must be finished first.

What to do now?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Gandalf.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Gandalf: 5.54F  keeps scanning 2 files.

EProjManager.exe 6e77fc1cb52a6e6bf906d8afbe35a000dcb2ed443f724dd37724d9460f80ac35 1.18 MB

AttachToEmail.exe 758d9584418177bf5f584cea8a073262c1cb8c6c89ed9a8fc93afc384b7f70f2 0.51 MB

Reset white list doesn’t work because scan must be finished first.

What to do now?

Oops, the analysis machines quit processing files over night… this happens every 3 or so days so there must be a bug in the analysis machine code.  I will keep an eye on it and figure out why this happens… we have to figure this out before we release VS 5.50 to the public.

Anyway, it should work now… just refresh the scan.  You might have to close VS and open it again.  Thank you!

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    Yes problem solved, when I just came back from walking our dog. No need to refresh.
Viewing 15 replies - 406 through 420 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.