VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 391 through 405 (of 949 total)
  • Replies
    oldschool
    Participant
    none
    Clean installed Beta v.554E. WLC scan 18.5 seconds.

Files determined to be Not Safe:

TinyWall.exe (beta)

mrt.exe (Malicious Software Removal Tool)

Whitelisted both.

Test #1 – ConfigureDefender. VS still blocks application startup due to powershell restrictions.

Test result: Failed.

Reset whitelist snapshot.

Test #2 ConfigureDefender. Same result as test #1.

Test result: Failed

VS beta is unusable by me in its current state.

Uninstalled VS 5.54E

You should have the logs I sent.

Stay safe, not paranoid!
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA
    @oldschool same here with mrt.exe! Maybe because the newest MRT is not in the WLC database? The scans are much faster!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Triple Helix.
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    I installed 5.54E over 5.54D (and first hiccup lately — I could not get 5.54D to exit or shutdown, resolved that by forcing something) then also let win10 update itself, then installed E.  E is running seemingly ok. last scan 4.57s.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    WLC is listing mrt.exe (x32) and did not flag it as unsafe. See last  attachment.

I installed and run MRTx64, during the process WLC did flag as unsafe mrt.exe (x32)?

I whitelist it. This is one of the files I asked on my third last post, if, though recurring we are expected to just whitelist them again. As I do not wish to report unnecessarily.

EDIT: Oops, not used to this way to attach files, disregard double entry.

"Today is yesterday's future"

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thanks again for all of your help, I really appreciate it… it looks like we are out of the woods!  I will catch up on the other posts asap… but real quick, since MRT is over the 100mb limit for upload, so it defaults to Not Safe.  I will try to make the limit 500mb or so this weekend.

Oops, I forgot to mention… if mrt.exe is in the windows folder and is signed by MS with a catalog signature, then it will be considered safe as well.

Have a great weekend!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Dan: Thanks again for all of your help, I really appreciate it… it looks like we are out of the woods!  I will catch up on the other posts asap… but real quick, since MRT is over the 100mb limit for upload, so it defaults to Not Safe.  I will try to make the limit 500mb or so this weekend.

Thanks Dan. The world will still be there on Monday and you deserve a break.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

VecchioScarpone:

Dan: Thanks again for all of your help, I really appreciate it… it looks like we are out of the woods!  I will catch up on the other posts asap… but real quick, since MRT is over the 100mb limit for upload, so it defaults to Not Safe.  I will try to make the limit 500mb or so this weekend.

Thanks Dan. The world will still be there on Monday and you deserve a break.

Hehehe, actually writing code is very relaxing to me… it is like my version of a crossword puzzle ;).  The only time I get stressed is when there are bugs that are a PITA for our beta testers.  We do not have to add sophisticated features like WLC, but I would bet that looking back, most people are quite happy that we did so ;).  I mean, it is one thing to say “Your computer is safe”… meaning malware was not found.  But it is an entirely different thing when WLC tells you “All Safe”… meaning only known safe files are running on your system.  These are seriously two very different things, and I am happy that we all stuck with it and made it through ;).  So thank you guys!

BTW, I spend a ridiculous amount of time at the park with Gracie and do other fun and relaxing stuff all the time.  But yeah, everyone needs to take a break from tech every once in a while ;).

Krusty
    Participant
    AU

Dan: it looks like we are out of the woods!

Not quite Dan.  Please check your emails.

One machine is back to having the red tray icon and endless spinning.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    @ Dan:

as long as you are happy. I think everybody is a chronic stressed old codger like me he he. You know I’m such an hopeless case that when I do not have any worries I stress thinking how is that I don’t have any worries, watch out VecchioS I tell myself…

Sunset at he local beach, can’t live without…

Attachments:

gorblimey
    Participant
    none

Dan: BTW, I spend a ridiculous amount of time at the park with Gracie …

The only “ridiculous” amount of time spent with the dog is “not enough” 😛

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    I see a new issue with 5.54E that has not been mentioned.  I installed E about 7 hours ago and seemed aok and posted that above.  Came back to this win10_vm, and it says last scan was also the first scan of about +7 hr ago, although WLC is configured to scan every 5 min.  So this pc was “dormant” in the sense that I was not using it, but I was logged in as a user.  Internally, does the VS / WLC code disable scan if user is not actively using the pc?  I ask that way, because I did just check again and now it has automagically performed a +5 min interval scan.  This scan took 4.78 sec.

Baldrick
    Participant
    none

Dan:

Hehehe, actually writing code is very relaxing to me… it is like my version of a crossword puzzle ;).  The only time I get stressed is when there are bugs that are a PITA for our beta testers.  We do not have to add sophisticated features like WLC, but I would bet that looking back, most people are quite happy that we did so ;).  I mean, it is one thing to say “Your computer is safe”… meaning malware was not found.  But it is an entirely different thing when WLC tells you “All Safe”… meaning only known safe files are running on your system.  These are seriously two very different things, and I am happy that we all stuck with it and made it through ;).  So thank you guys!

BTW, I spend a ridiculous amount of time at the park with Gracie and do other fun and relaxing stuff all the time.  But yeah, everyone needs to take a break from tech every once in a while ;).

I know what you mean, Meastro, was the same for me back in the day…and sometimes I wish I could go back to it…but we all have to move on. Glad that Gracie is there to get you out and about…again, it is the same with me & my Bella.

Update: All seems to be working as it should here… I am getting 12.7 second scanning with WLC reporting All Safe…and the impact does not appear to be noticable.

Yup, well glad that you took the plunge with both WLC originally and then with the integration into the core of VS…another great USP.

Do have that relaxing weekend.

Respect, Baldrick

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    none
    I have installed the latest build 5.54E build, all PK so far.

I did a clean installation because the previous installation wa causing the spinning disc problem but I keep an eye on this build.

Saturday night here now Dan, so I assume it probably Saturday afternoon at your place, so get your feet up later and just spend the weekend chilling for a change, it is time you took it easy and do what everyone is suggesting you to do.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.69 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you guys!  Krusty was having an issue where one of his security apps was locking the file permissions of an item that WLC was trying to scan, so it put it into an infinite loop.  Normally this kind of error would be caught, but it was happening in one of VS’s dll’s, so the error was not logged.  Anyway, it should be fixed now… and hopefully there are not going to be any other bugs that create this issue.  But if there are, just let me know!

If VS is running fine, you should be able to install over the top, but if not, I would do a clean install.

VS 5.54F beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554Fbeta.exe
    SHA-256: 68441b9c1cdb871cd0181ead2b6fecd441582fccb6bbd4b3d144e72ec746186d

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    I also updated the WLC standalone version because it is going to have that bug as well ;).

WhitelistCloud 1.05 beta
    https://www.whitelistcloud.com/Download/InstallWhitelistCloud.exe
    SHA-256: a0f2abf83ed8ade6ffb2190df1d0d1d27a733df0c8c7d3a8a9c80f59c3bd22ad

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 391 through 405 (of 949 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.