VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 361 through 375 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Still on the clear here.  But my fingers start hurting, crossed since new installation…

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Krusty
    Participant
    AU

Baldrick: But, respectfully if it is Red for both scanning & when there is something unsafe found…how does one know what it is doing…

Actually, I was suggesting that the icon be white while scanning and only red when an unsafe file was found.  Personally, I don’t need to know what WLC is doing except…

VecchioScarpone made a great point; “WLC spinning/scanning endlessly without user noticing it”.

I don’t know what the answer is.  Maybe an orange tray icon.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU

VecchioScarpone: Still on the clear here.  But my fingers start hurting, crossed since new installation…

Have you tried a system restart yet?  That’s when it all goes pear shaped here.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU

Krusty: I don’t know what the answer is. Maybe an orange tray icon.

Here’s a suggestion:

I don’t know how much work it would be for Dan but when VS scans the shield is animated (you see dots moving from left to right).  How about when WLC is scanning the VS Shield gets animated for that too?

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    @Krusty, Have you tried a system restart yet?  That’s when it all goes pear shaped here.

I was just doing that when you posted.

Still all in the clear with a sligth WLC scanning improvement of 10 sec on startup.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Krusty said:

I don’t know how much work it would be for Dan but when VS scans the shield is animated (you see dots moving from left to right).  How about when WLC is scanning the VS Shield gets animated for that too?

Never heard any complaint VS doing that, if it is not a big trouble for Dan why not for WLC. Something we are all used to.

Baldrick
    Participant
    none

Baldrick: And now, have just noticed that I have the ‘Unresolved Not Safe Items’ = 1, but when I click on the like to see the detail all listed items are marked as ‘Safe’. Running a manual scan does not resolve the issue so the only option now is a complete uninstall & clean reinstall of 5.50D.

Well, complete uninstall & clean reinstall seems to have sorted that out…but will need to keep an eye on this one.

Regards, Balders

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Uninstalled  old Creative Sound card that I do not use anymore.

Exit VS first.

After WLC scan found an unsafe file: dll.exe, microsoft process. Reset whitelist cleared that up.

Other than that, I did trow WLC all what I could imagine these past few hours and nothing seems to faze it, it is behaving  like an ascetic monk…

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    After a windows update restart, WLC  flagged a mrt.exe (MicrosoftRemovalTool) file as unsafe.

Whitelisted as for the one on previous post.

Are these false positive?

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    on mrt.exe also red not safe here, (as noted above) assume it’s because the file is >100 mb unless Dan had already fixed that??
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

simmerskool: on mrt.exe also red not safe here, (as noted above) assume it’s because the file is >100 mb unless Dan had already fixed that??

Don’t know.

When a unsafe files get flag I go as far as check the details, google it and if it come from a bona fide source I whitelist it as that seems  to be the consensus.

Anything entailing more than that is above my pay grade. I ask Dan, which thankfully seems unfazed by  my ignorance on these matters.

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Issues with scanning WLC with 5.54C so I uninstalled and reinstalled 5.54D and everything is behaving so far. WLC all Safe. (13.4 sec)

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Ssherjj.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta  VS 6.03 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    VS + WLC doesn’t like either of my machines.  I’m sure Dan will get it sorted soon but I’m tiring.
    oldschool
    Participant
    none
    @Dan – VS v.554DBeta whitelists ConfigureDefender.exe but silently blocks any action taken within the application. (Attempted changes of any Windows Defender settings via ConfigureDefender blocked with only notice from ConfigureDefender)  Never had this happen before these recent Beta updates.
    Stay safe, not paranoid!
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, this last infinite spinning issue has proved a little difficult to track down, simply because the exception is not being logged.  Once we have a good error message it should be super easy to fix.  So if you are still experiencing this issue, please check your Windows Event Viewer to see if the error is logged there, and if you find an error please email or post the entire error.  The source should be VoodooShieldService.  Thank you guys!
    Attachments:
Viewing 15 replies - 361 through 375 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.