VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 301 through 315 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    Installed 5.54B over the top. Spinning disc, reset whitelist and still doing it now.

Was just debating about sending logs in, then reset whitelist again and all safe now!

Edit:

Just a spinning disc now again, I will send logs off.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    At PC start this morning,WLC shows Red, Unresolved Not Safe Items: 1, it say Scanning but wheel is not spinning and no details of unresoved item listed.

Did a whitelist reset, restart the PC. all seems fine now.

Beta testing not quite over it seems…

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Yes, the WLC tray icon is red here too.  I wonder if it is the server down again?  And if it is, we need to get WLC / VS to recognise that it can’t access the server and to stop scanning.

I imagine we would have the same trouble if we were to work offline.

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    No problems here with VS 5.54B. No unresolved items. I notice that the initial scan takes a very long time and the later scans are faster, but are approximately 2 times slower than before.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    No joy this morning.

Restarted the PC, WLC shows Red Icon, stuck on scanning, wheel spinning, no items shown .

Another whitelist reset.

Last report for this issue. I’ll keep whitelisting for the time being…

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Krusty: Yes, the WLC tray icon is red here too.  I wonder if it is the server down again?  And if it is, we need to get WLC / VS to recognise that it can’t access the server and to stop scanning.

I imagine we would have the same trouble if we were to work offline.

That is what Dan seems to think, a server issue.

I was just wondering, considering VS auto allow process but at the same time WLC get stuck scanning it, it may just be some compatibly issue between the two.

Just a thought, do we really need VS and WLC integrated?

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    If Dan gets it to work for everyone, than yes please keep VS and WLC integrated.

WLC is a great idea.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Gandalf: If Dan gets it to work for everyone, than yes please keep VS and WLC integrated.

WLC is a great idea.

Great ideas I agree. Just I can’t help to wonder when WLC keeps creating the sort off problems like Tarnak experienced.

In my case I thought it was just a matter to reset whitelist. But WlC is up to the same mischief all morning and I had to reset it numerous time.

Eventually I did a clean install with catastrophic results. VS freezing, unable to exit it.

Just nuked all of it and trying a fresh clean install soon.

Fun is it not?

Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    I keep finding it strange that the same software behaves so differently on different systems.

Windows keeps being a puzzle…. hope Dan solves it.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Gandalf: I keep finding it strange that the same software behaves so differently on different systems.

Windows keeps being a puzzle…. hope Dan solves it.

That is pretty much what I’m wondering myself. Dan has is work cut out with Windows…

BTW clean install successful.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Well I’m not doing a clean install at this point.  As suspected, if it is a server issue hopefully it will be resolved on it’s own.

Waiting patiently for now.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    WLC did not flag Brave auto update as unsafe as it used to do. Good.

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Tarnak + anyone having trouble uninstalling VS,

The method I’ve found that works for me is to disable WLC and save settings, then restart your machine.  After that you can exit VS and should be able to uninstall.  Remember to delete settings and logs if you plan on doing a clean installation.

Cheers!

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    VS/WLC has been running smoothly on my Windows 10 x64 1909.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Ssherjj.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Ssherjj.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta  VS 6.03 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Krusty: Tarnak + anyone having trouble uninstalling VS,

The method I’ve found that works for me is to disable WLC and save settings, then restart your machine.  After that you can exit VS and should be able to uninstall.  Remember to delete settings and logs if you plan on doing a clean installation.

Cheers!

Thanks, I’ll remember that if I need to do a clean install.

Back from my morning walk and all is hunky dory. Are you still experiencing the spin issue?

WLC scanning time quite quick, 6 sec.

Viewing 15 replies - 301 through 315 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.