VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 241 through 255 (of 949 total)
  • Replies
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Edit time is 10 minutes. Not quite a sneeze but short nonetheless.

"Today is yesterday's future"

Geri123
    Participant
    none
    Random observation:
    Just started my PC this morning and WLC icon got red in while the other programs loaded in the taskbar.
    When I clicked WLC all I could see was I think “sih…” as filename before the file changed from unsafe to save and WLC turned white again. It would be nice if WLC only turns red after the analysis is done and the file is still marked as unsafe.

I think it was sih or shiclient.exe and another one both windows files from what I saw. Now they are not even listed in the WLC window even when I saw them 2 minutes before. No clue why :/

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Geri123: Random observation:
    Just started my PC this morning and WLC icon got red in while the other programs loaded in the taskbar.
    When I clicked WLC all I could see was I think “sih…” as filename before the file changed from unsafe to save and WLC turned white again. It would be nice if WLC only turns red after the analysis is done and the file is still marked as unsafe.

\

+1.

I noticed that too and concur that would be better that WLC icon turn red after analysis is completed if files found unsafe.

Geri123
    Participant
    none
    Still wtb more time for edits.

@Dan
    VS still gets sometimes the red “off” icon even when put on “always on aggressive” and “automatically deactivate after X minutes” disabled.

Since I was running FF sandboxed for streaming music there was internet for sure. FF was “yellow” under webapps so VS should have known better 😉

Attachments:
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    Patching Guild Wars 2 and also got a red VS “Off” Icon. Internet worked since music stream was ok and the patching was without errors…
    “Always on” seems to not like some of my games 😀
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, I will catch up on the posts I missed asap, but I wanted to give you guys a quick update.

There were 2 bugs that Andy found (I think he is on here too) that I just finished fixing.  One was a bug where WLC did not auto allow certain files when it was supposed to.  The other had to do with a scenario where a system process spawns a vulnerable process that is located in Program Files.  Both were a little tricky to fix, but I believe they are both fixed now… and the really cool thing is that it cleaned up some code that needed to be cleaned up anyway.  I am going to test for a few more hours just to be sure, then I will release 5.54.  After this, I believe we are completely out of the woods with VS 5.50 and will just have some usability / visual tweaks to work on, but these tweaks will be easy and will not introduce any significant new bugs.

We need to start thinking about what the defaults for WLC should be.  I think creating a user skill level window is probably the best answer… here is a little more info about what I have in mind for this.

https://voodooforums.com/forums/topic/idea-wlc-blocking-mode/

Please let me know what you guys think!

Also, I set the edit timeout for the forums to 60 minutes, the default was either 5 or 10, I do not remember which.  Anyway, I will set the timeout to whatever you guys think it should be, but for now I just set it at 60.

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Dan.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Dan.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, here is 554, it should be good to go, but if you find anything, you know where to find me ;).

BTW, I made a couple of optimizations on the WLC analysis machines as well… I hope I did not introduce a bug that will cause the cloud end of WLC to crash, but I will keep an eye on it.

You should be able to install over the top, but if you run into problems, please either perform a clean install or reset your whitelist.

VS 5.54 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554beta.exe
    SHA-256: 583babd999c83bb4d5929d39c690c0194b2c7988e6b8d7d6da99ef354b477f9e

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Thanks Dan.  Installed 5.54 over the top and so far so good.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Just installed 5.54 over the top, all is well.

Going to the beach for the afternoon, I’ll check it out later.

BTW thanks Dan for the extra Edit timeout.

gorblimey
    Participant
    none

Dan: We need to start thinking about what the defaults for WLC should be.

I’ll continue on the other thread.

BTW, lovely to see the “Quote” action pick up only the highlighted text, much better than having to carve large chunks off the post 🙂

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    Tarnak
    Participant
    Last of the Aussie contingent, reporting that I have installed VS 5.54 beta over the top, also.

It seems it is the one!

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    Thanks Dan, I will install v5.5.4 as soon as I can and will holler and let you know if something crashes. LOL

Appreciate all the hard work and for staying ontop of everything!🙃

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Ssherjj.
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.77 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Gandalf
    Participant
    NL
    Hi Dan 5.54 installed over the top. No issues to report.

What info do you need to get the chromium (new) Edge in web apps?

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Hi Dan

Hope that you are well and planning some time off over the Festive Period…after all of the overtime you have been putting in getting VS to where it is now?

Well, boringly… ;o) …5.54 Beta has been installed over the top on both systems, has been given the usual wellie and at present is running as smooth as silk.

Will keep checking…but IMHO…looking good for a formal, primte time release.

Respect, Baldrick

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Baldrick.
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none

VecchioScarpone: Here it is: First on top right.

curious, Edit is not listed here?

[EDIT] Oh now I see, the Edit “button” only appears immediately after a post and stays active or available only n numbers of minutes, and now Dan increased to 60.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by simmerskool. Reason: more data
Viewing 15 replies - 241 through 255 (of 949 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.