VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Viewing 15 replies - 226 through 240 (of 949 total)
  • Replies
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    For me the check boxes in WLC with inbound and outbound are not clear enough to understand (without looking for the manual).
    When I check the box “inbound” for file X does it allow inbound traffic or blocks inbound traffic?
    I mean I have legit safe files where I don’t see the need why they want to connect to the internet (not talking about cracks or such)

Maybe give a hint in the columns description above?

No clue how to delete the .tiff so added .png

Ssherjj
    Participant
    US
    @Dan, I updated to VS v5.53e and so far everything is looking really good. Thank you for all your hard work. Will post anything if I see it. 🙂
    Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester, VoodooShield Beta v5.77 Beta- Glasswire Firewall Elite - Windows 10 Pro Workstation v1909, Alienware 17R4 Webroot SAC Beta on Mac El Capitan, 10.11.6 -Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

VecchioScarpone:

Krusty: Yes Dan, the TOR bug does appear to be resolved.  Thanks!

Installed over 5.53d without issue.

Brave has been covered here for the last several betas, so I don’t understand why some have had problems, unless it has been installed in a non-default location.

Funny though how posts in this thread have been re-ordered.  😀

Same here. No issues with Brave either, never had.

BTW the forums was down for the best part of the day. The webpage was not refreshing  stuck to several hours ago.

Interesting… do you know approximately how many hours it was down?  Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Geri123: @Dan The FF “open all in tabs” now is a lot faster than all the other 5.5X for me. To lazy to get a stopwatch to compare it with 5.04 but it seems ok. When i can count 21,22,23,24 in my head before my links open then I don’t need a watch 😀

So far VS 5.53E makes FF a lot better. Thanks

That’s great to hear, thank you for letting me know!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Geri123: For me the check boxes in WLC with inbound and outbound are not clear enough to understand (without looking for the manual).
    When I check the box “inbound” for file X does it allow inbound traffic or blocks inbound traffic?
    I mean I have legit safe files where I don’t see the need why they want to connect to the internet (not talking about cracks or such)

Maybe give a hint in the columns description above?

No clue how to delete the .tiff so added .png

Yes, clicking the block creates a either an inbound or outbound firewall rule for that item.  We probably need to make that a little more clear, and if anyone has any suggestions on how we can do so, I would appreciate it!

I should be able to update the VoodooShield User Guide in a week or so, and that will help some.  Thank you!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Ssherjj: @Dan, I updated to VS v5.53e and so far everything is looking really good. Thank you for all your hard work. Will post anything if I see it. 🙂

Thank you as well!  Your logs and database look great, I sent you an email as well.

Geri123
    Participant
    none

Dan:Yes, clicking the block creates a either an inbound or outbound firewall rule for that item.  We probably need to make that a little more clear, and if anyone has any suggestions on how we can do so, I would appreciate it!

For me seeing the word “Block” in the “Inbound” or “Outbound” columns would be enough. Like “Block Inbound” and “Block Outbound”. So if I check the box “Block Inbound” for File X the file will be blocked for all inbound internet access.

I just want to see if checking a box allows or blocks stuff without the need to read a Guide for such trivial thing 😀

Tarnak
    Participant
    This time I installed v5.53e beta over the top of existing VS installation, i.e. 5.52d beta, which I had mentioned previously, was a fresh install.  So, down to “Hard Luck Town”, WLC is down as per screenshot.  But, I think this is the best of the current crop of betas, and it appears to have worked on my system.  It is a killer….:) – Killer Dwarfs – Hard Luck Town – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox-UzmtdNWU
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by Tarnak. Reason: correctiion
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    So far all running good with VS 5.53E. The steam version of the Hi-rez game paladins got a FP. VT and VS AI are as save as they can be while WLC says unsafe.
    How about a “report FP” button for WLC?

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Geri123.
    Attachments:
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    installed 5.53e over the top of 5.53d.  seems aok so far after 2 min of hard computing… 😉 (d was aok too)

/sk

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    ‘ Dan: Interesting… do you know approximately how many hours it was down?  Thank you! ‘

It was down for 5 or 6 hours at least maybe more. It is not the only time, it happens regularly this past couple of weeks.

"Today is yesterday's future"

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    BTW could it be possible to extend the Edit time? I can’t sneeze and the Edit button is gone. Please, please…

simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    where’s the edit button?

PS after several hours 5.53e still seems rock solid good, last scan 1.41 sec.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

simmerskool: where’s the edit button?

PS after several hours 5.53e still seems rock solid good, last scan 1.41 sec.

I’ll post a screenshot .

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Here it is: First on top right.

Viewing 15 replies - 226 through 240 (of 949 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.