VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

• This topic has 952 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 952 total)
  • Replies
    Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    I now have 3 unsafe items in the whitelistcloud Dan, do you want me to whitelist them?

flow.exe – 2b6fd817fe159d1b5594fb7d390caf46c882d565a2e4c31ac6e5b4d820cc6403

installer.bat – 4c327ab470c7433a851c0356e070ea824cf1fc0abbcc809f15dcdd4c127223f0

intelsoftwareassetmanagerservice.exe – ae511b9a2f0d24fafea89d7f42132bdb92f9387741d99e67fafa484f0e305cbe

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    Tarnak
    Participant

Dan: Thank you for letting me know Jasper!

Tarnak, can you please email me your whitelist.db?  There must be something odd in the whitelist that is sending it for a spin.  If you did not do a clean install or did not reset your whitelist, you could always try that first… and if it it works then it means there is not an issue.

Please pay attention, Dan, See my post –  above, but it won’t let me quote, for some reason.

I should be sleeping. It is nearly 4:30am. I will continue with this later. 🙂

P.S.  As I said, earlier, I nuked VS off my system, and now, I did a fresh install of v5.53d.

Baldrick
    Participant
    none
    Well, have installed one 5.53n version after the other and have not seen any issue on either of my systems. Guess I am lucky, since everything is running nice and smoothly here, Dan

Now, remember that you need food & rest…;o)

Regards, Baldrick

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    5.53d seems to be running great on this machine so far.  Well done and thanks for all your hard work, Dan.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Tarnak: Thanks for those screenshots. That’s what happens when I take the meaning of those words, literally.  I fail to see!. 😉

P.S. I got the car, and arrived back home late this afternoon. Seven hours round trip, due to getting caught in peak-hour traffic on the return home.

You are welcome.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB
    I reset my whitelist Dan and ended up with a different result

detect_backuppasswordreminder_v2.exe   – 8c643526b2df6ea0817aeeaff1522d0854962e4d28f6784323e4f55720114274

flow.exe – 2b6fd817fe159d1b5594fb7d390caf46c882d565a2e4c31ac6e5b4d820cc6403

detect_pipmessage.exe – 05ba271c429d6629ce4aec096bf1928849f1c9f14d6fb79dac3425fa835c2975

The intel one in my previous post is one that seems come back again.

Webroot® SecureAnywhere® Complete Beta Tester v9.0.27.55 - VoodooShield v5.78 Beta - Glasswire Firewall Elite  - Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Gandalf: Hi Dan, 5.53d is running great here. Did a clean install of it. Only thing I had to add Chromium Edge to the web apps.

Will let you (all) know if something changes or happens.

+1

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Tarnak:Please pay attention, Dan, See my post –  above, but it won’t let me quote, for some reason.

The same is happening for me most of the time I quote or attach an image.

Curiously enough if I take my time pressing the Submit button, not just a flick, it seems to work.

Or maybe it is just the family ghost in the computer…

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Thank you guys, I appreciate your help!  BTW, I noticed a small slowdown issue that will be fixed in the next version.

VS should allow the system to be super fast again, but after the next release, if you guys notice any slowdowns please let me know.  This is probably what is causing the FF / open all tabs issue as well, so please test 5.53e when it is released and let me know!

Jasper, is there a chance that these two items were not running when the whitelist was reset (and the snapshot was taken).  I am assuming this is the case, and they will probably be detected as Not Safe when they are launched.  Either way, please keep an eye on it and if you see anything funny, please let me know.  Also, for now I am not manually changing any Not Safe WLC verdicts to Safe (except a few dismhost.exe files), but we might in the future.  So if you ever need to reset your whitelist again, the Not Safe items will need to be set to Safe.  Thank you guys!

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Anyone else having problems whitelisting TOR Browser?  I can’t remember having problems with earlier versions of VS.  After training it is usually allowed but not now.

Dan, I have emailed you the logs.

Thanks.

Jasper The Rasper
    Participant
    GB

Krusty: Anyone else having problems whitelisting TOR Browser?  I can’t remember having problems with earlier versions of VS.  After training it is usually allowed but not now.

Thanks.

Not me Krusty

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    I just replied here but my post didn’t show.

Thanks Jasper The Rasper!

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Krusty: Anyone else having problems whitelisting TOR Browser?  I can’t remember having problems with earlier versions of VS.  After training it is usually allowed but not now.

Thanks.

Tor open show up as Firefox.

The only thing I had to withelist  Tor. exe on WLC

Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Yes, that is all I’ve needed to do in the past but VS still has a major fit whenever I open TOR.

Note to self:  You cannot quote a post that has a quote in it.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    @krusty, I spoke too soon.

VS/WLC trows a heck of a tantrum each time I start Tor. VS ask to Allow and it finally does at the third attempt, during which WLC show red.

Then all is sweet…

I just installed Tor few minutes ago to give a feedback.

Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.