VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50

Keymaster
    US
    Hey guys, we are getting very close!  Here is the latest version… there are just a few things that I need to finish up, like the new artwork on the How It Works form, and I also need to finish the Windows Firewall feature.  It is all ready to go, but I don’t want to actually automatically add rules until we are sure all of the bugs are fixed, because believe me, as many changes as there were in this version, there are most likely be a few small bugs.

There are way too many changes under the hood and with the WLC implementation for me to describe, that it is probably best for you guys to just try it and see.  A few small things though, I removed the Advanced Snapshot feature for a lot of reasons.  First, we really need to get back to our roots and focus on VS’s proprietary tiny, customized whitelist… that really is what VS is all about.  The whole goal is to offer the smallest attack surface in the industry.  Also, there is no reason to analyze thousands of files with WLC.

Also, brand new whitelists will be automatically generated and scanned with WLC.  Again, the whole goal is to keep the whitelist as small as possible.  Then again, with WLC and the other features we have implemented the last year or so, unwanted blocks should be pretty much non-existent.

I hope to catch up on the posts here soon… it is great to see you “old guys” 😉.

And yes, I would uninstall the standalone version of WLC now 😉.

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

VS 5.50 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield550beta.exe
    SHA-256: bd85bc201c7f70c9677edb89cad73a85d0e3ed55e1f92507e9f4178dee53bdd0

VS 5.51 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield551beta.exe
    SHA-256: e05cb8ac0a89edaade7c3543c4717955c451efb2f953be3874f2bbad8e1cecdb

VS 5.52 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield552beta.exe
    SHA-256: dba4fd21024a2bc2686f5ed4e70f1242b5fd24bf66c5ad0987b4cd4ed56abc48

VS 5.53e beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield553ebeta.exe
    SHA-256: 73770b6a1e9d9de5d506e0814fb8c2658b5d9f04c1d6fb572a62bcd046b9d410

VS 5.54 beta
    https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554beta.exe
    SHA-256: 583babd999c83bb4d5929d39c690c0194b2c7988e6b8d7d6da99ef354b477f9e

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 3 days, 10 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 3 days, 4 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 2 days, 9 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 2 days, 2 hours ago by Dan.
    • This topic was modified 6 hours, 41 minutes ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 252 total)
  • Replies
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Well, image did attach but the .gif isn’t displayed correctly.
    • Windows 10 x64 1909
    • Linux Mint Mate 19.2
    TerrakionSmash
    Participant
    For some reason, everything I start starts so slowly when VoodooShield is on with this beta making my stuff unusable. Also snapshot taking after every reboot.
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    @Dan Would it be possible to put the freshest beta always in the start post (if mods can edit it)? It’s quite confusing to still see beta 5.50 always shown above the thread and then having to guess on which site of the thread the really fresh stuff 5.52 is. Searching backwards from site 10 till I found it on site 7 is 🙁

Or maybe use VS beta section which is empty. Anyway have a nice day 🙂

Is there a 5.53 I saw Triple Helix has it 😀 ?

• This reply was modified 4 days, 9 hours ago by Geri123.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

TerrakionSmash: For some reason, everything I start starts so slowly when VoodooShield is on with this beta making my stuff unusable. Also snapshot taking after every reboot.

Thank you for pointing that out!  I see what is going on in the DeveloperLog.log… for some reason VS is scanning items it should not be scanning with the blacklist scanner, and maybe even with VoodooAi.

I will look into this right now.  Once this is fixed, the DeveloperLog.log should only log items that actually need to be scanned with the blacklist scanner and VoodooAi, which are essentially new files that are not yet on the whitelist that are outside of the system space and the program files folders.

Once this is fixed, everything should be super fast.  BTW, you can check the DeveloperLog.log and there will be an entry that starts with “Blacklist scan: ” whenever a file is scanned with the blacklist scanner.  The goal is to reduce this as much as possible and to rely on WLC even more.  Thanks again!

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

Geri123: @dan Would it be possible to put the freshest beta always in the start post (if mods can edit it)? It’s quite confusing to still see beta 5.50 always shown above the thread and then having to guess on which site of the thread the really fresh stuff 5.52 is. Searching backwards from site 10 till I found it on site 7 is 🙁

I agree, it is totally confusing… that is how I accidentally deleted the VoodooShield 5.00 topic ;).  Maybe what I will do is edit the initial post and add each beta version as we go.  Sound good?

Yeah, 5.53 is almost ready, I just need to fix a couple of things then I will post it.  I sent it to TH to help me troubleshoot the hidden unresolved not safe items issue ;).

Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Dan:

Geri123: @dan Would it be possible to put the freshest beta always in the start post (if mods can edit it)? It’s quite confusing to still see beta 5.50 always shown above the thread and then having to guess on which site of the thread the really fresh stuff 5.52 is. Searching backwards from site 10 till I found it on site 7 is 🙁

I agree, it is totally confusing… that is how I accidentally deleted the VoodooShield 5.00 topic ;).  Maybe what I will do is edit the initial post and add each beta version as we go.  Sound good?

Yeah, 5.53 is almost ready, I just need to fix a couple of things then I will post it.  I sent it to TH to help me troubleshoot the hidden unresolved not safe items issue ;).

Right and sorry for posting the Picture but VS 5.53 is working well so looking forward to the next build! 🙂

Attachments:
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Geri123
    Participant
    none

Dan:Maybe what I will do is edit the initial post and add each beta version as we go.  Sound good?

Would be ok for me.
    @Triple Helix Sorry if I caused any trouble. That was not my intention I was just looking for a download link 🙂

Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

Geri123:

Dan:Maybe what I will do is edit the initial post and add each beta version as we go.  Sound good?

Would be ok for me.
    @Triple Helix Sorry if I caused any trouble. That was not my intention I was just looking for a download link 🙂

Never as it was a test build from Dan nothing more! 🙂 All is cool!

Attachments:
    Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security - VoodooShield Pro - Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - Glasswire Elite
    Geri123
    Participant
    none
    Glad to hear that 🙂
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

VecchioScarpone: o

Awesome!

Attachments:
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Dan,

About MSEDGE Chromium, I have to add it to WebApps after every computer restart.

Edit:

Oops, It seems to be working now after another snapshot and reboot.

It could have being caused by O&O ShutUp latest version that I updated. Just read that some have issues with the latest version of O&O.

Tarnak
    Participant
    I don’t know  why this came up again, because it was supposedly fixed by Dan, after recent email communications.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 3 hours ago by Tarnak.
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    Server issues maybe? On Sunday I was unable to post the all day.

Tarnak
    Participant

VecchioScarpone: Server issues maybe? On Sunday I was unable to post the all day.

I don’t know what was going on, but system locked up in early hours, so I left it, and went back to bed.

I rebooted after 8.00am, and got that message, as per my screenshot, aforementioned.

I enclose particulars from  [my] Developer log…covering the relevant period. Maybe, Dan will peruse?

• This reply was modified 4 days, 2 hours ago by Tarnak.
    Triple Helix
    Participant
    CA

VecchioScarpone: Dan,

About MSEDGE Chromium, I have to add it to WebApps after every computer restart.

Edit:

Oops, It seems to be working now after another snapshot and reboot.

It could have being caused by O&O ShutUp latest version that I updated. Just read that some have issues with the latest version of O&O.

I don’t use MSEDGE Chromium at this time but have no issues.

Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.