Two Problems I Discovered In VS

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions Two Problems I Discovered In VS

Participant
    US
    So the first issue. When left clicking is locked and an alert pops up, clicking anywhere on that alert besides the X will make the shield widget become unresponsive to either kind of click. The icon in the taskbar tray still works like normal after this happens though.

Second issue. You know how the password protection on the settings and how it will prevent a user from opening advanced system things? RegEdit isn’t completely covered by this feature.

Searching in the start menu for RegEdit and launching it from there will trigger the password prompt, but opening RegEdit from the run command in taskmanager or windows key+R will not trigger the password prompt upon opening RegEdit from either of the two run commands.

|VPN| Sandboxie| VoodooShield(Paid)| ComodoFW(Free)| HitmanPro.Alert!(Paid)| I fiddle with whitelisting software.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very interesting on the first issue, thank you for letting me know. When you say “When left clicking is locked” are you referring to the option “Require admin approval before letting the user allow new…”?  I just disabled this option and it worked as expected.  Do you have any other VS options that are not in their default settings, or anything else special about the test conditions?  Once we can reproduce this bug it will be a super easy fix… I already have an idea what might be causing it.

About the second issue, this is by design, but is implemented in a safe way.  We have had several complaints from admins that VS blocks cmd, regedit, and others (I would have to look it up).  Basically, if the user initiates one of these vulnerable items, then it is auto allowed.  I completely agree with the admins… for example, it always drives me crazy when UAC blocks regedit… every single time ;).

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    Yes, the admin approval thing that prevents a user from left-clicking on VS’s two icons.

But everything else I launch from either the run command or the startmenu triggers the password protection like normal. Regedit needs to be locked down the same way as everything else. The UAC is easy to bypass.

|VPN| Sandboxie| VoodooShield(Paid)| ComodoFW(Free)| HitmanPro.Alert!(Paid)| I fiddle with whitelisting software.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Oh, I see what you mean… as it relates to the password.  Let me see what I can do, thank you!
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.