Putting VS into ReactOS

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions Putting VS into ReactOS

Participant
    none
    I mentioned on CoU that Microsoft is seriously annoying me, and my intention is to put ReactOS on a decent box as soon as it goes Beta. So at the moment, ROS “currently targets NT 5.2 and supports both x86 and x64 platforms.

Given others’ experiences in installing softs onto ROS, I would not expect too many dramas, but OTOH the moment anyone asks “What can possibly -” it does. I must talk to them about Windows Firewall…

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hmmm, this is very interesting!  I doubt that VS would install and function properly on ROS, especially since it targets Windows 5.2.  Also, there are A LOT of things that could possibly go wrong, and any one of them would make the proposition of installing VS on ROS a deal-breaker.  I am not even sure if ROS is going to support .net 4.5.  Either way, it would certainly be fun to try, thank you!
    gorblimey
    Participant
    none
    Thanks for that Dan.

Right now I’m in no hurry, I don’t expect their beta (0.5.0) this year, and I can probably wait for 0.6.0 before starting to play with it. I’m not expecting this box to die any time soon, and that will be the turning point.

(I won’t say Microsoft devs are poor coders, but the word “spaghetti” always slips into mind when looking at their practises :@ So ROS is always pushing uphill 🙁 )

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.