Problems with the Windows Firewall (disabled) and Voodooshield does not connect

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases Problems with the Windows Firewall (disabled) and Voodooshield does not connect

Participant
    Hello, I have a disabled Windows firewall. I use SS Free 12 with the TDI driver and when I install voodoo it fails to connect to the internet. I tried switching on SS to the WFP driver and voodoo works fine. The only thing this leaves me with no filtering on the SS firewall. VoodooShield service depends on the windows firewall? Well I’m hoping for a solution.
    Much appreciated in advance.
    Regards.
    • This topic was modified 9 months ago by paranoID.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Greetings!  Neither VoodooShield or the VoodooShieldService depend on Windows Firewall.  They both just make standard calls using a WebClient.  The only exception is when WhitelistCloud creates Windows Firewall rules, but that should not have anything to do with this.

Are you experiencing these types of issues with any of your other apps?  I imagine if you searched enough you could find a fix, but it looks like SpyShelter strongly advises to not use the TDI driver, along with other devs like the WFC dev.

From the SpyShelter website…

Windows XP users should use TDI driver, while Windows Vista/7/8/10 should use WFP driver. SpyShelter detects your system version and uses recommended driver automatically. You can read more about them on the internet. While it is possible to change the currently selected Firewall driver, we strongly advise to not do it.

paranoID
    Participant
    when you set the firewall’s window registry to start at 4 i.e. disabled and the ErrorControl to 0 works badly vodoo.

Greetings.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.