OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe

Participant
    Hi, just wondering if it is normal to get a prompt for this process, which VS says is signed by Microsoft.

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\<wbr />Microsoft\OneDrive\<wbr />OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe

VoodooShield 6.0
    Windows 10 1909

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hey shmu26, yeah, it is normal if VS is ON / Aggressive because Microsoft is excluded from the “Automatically allow items that match a digital signature in the whitelist snapshot” option.  If we ever can confirm that Microsoft sigs are pretty much never forged, then we can include them in this option.  But since they usually follow the rules and do not put executables in common malware hiding spots, this is pretty uncommon, and so far I have only seen this with One Drive… which, if you ask me, is not a bad idea to prompt the user for anyway ;).
    simmerskool
    Participant
    none
    did I miss a post about VS 6.0? Thought I was current with 5.64 beta??
    shmu26
    Participant

simmerskool: did I miss a post about VS 6.0? Thought I was current with 5.64 beta??

It’s the official stable version, I downloaded it from the official website. That’s what was offered.

I’m sure Dan can clarify but it seems that the beta versions have a different number system.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by shmu26.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    The link on our website is 5.60. (I think this is what he meant by 6.0)

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe

The most current stable beta version is 5.64. (Which is the one everyone should run)

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield564beta.exe

shmu26
    Participant

Dan: The link on our website is 5.60. (I think this is what he meant by 6.0)

This is right. My mistake.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.