Is Adguard worth the investment?

Forums Hardware & Software General Software Discussions Is Adguard worth the investment?

Participant
    none
    Adguard have an ad blocking extension for browsers and one for Windows too.

Question:

With good ad blocking extensions such as the time-tested uBlock Origin already doing an excellent job, is the Adguard shareware version for Windows really worth the investment?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    Alexhousek
    Participant
    I say no.  I use Ad Block Plus extension.  It’s free.  Ublock is as good or even better, and it’s free.

I used paid Adguard for my Android phone and found it pretty useless.  I have not tried Adguard for my Windows PC because I have not found the need.

Geri123
    Participant
    none
    Whenever I tried adguard (browser app) or ublock origin there were still sites where the adguard desktop app got better results (less adds). I was to lazy to get much into the advanced (or what it’s called) mode of ublock but for me the “just activate filters once and be done with it” solution was adguard desktop.

Afaik Adguard got a 30 days trial. Maybe give it a test and see if it’s worth the money for you.
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/adguard-personal-plan-lifetime-subscription            20$ for 3 licenses. (read the fine print)

oldschool
    Participant
    none

Geri123: Whenever I tried adguard (browser app) or ublock origin there were still sites where the adguard desktop app got better results (less adds). I was to lazy to get much into the advanced (or what it’s called) mode of ublock but for me the “just activate filters once and be done with it” solution was adguard desktop.

Afaik Adguard got a 30 days trial. Maybe give it a test and see if it’s worth the money for you.
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/adguard-personal-plan-lifetime-subscription            20$ for 3 licenses. (read the fine print)

Or you may use Adguard Beta for free. https://adguard.com/en/beta.html

Stay safe, not paranoid!
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    I have both uBlock Origin and Adguard extensions on my browsers. I tried Adguard  for windows twice and uninstalled. It interfered with something I use. It was a while now but if I remember correctly had to do with my taskbar settings. In any case I felt I did not need it system wide. A browser extension works pretty well and is enough for me.

Off course I use one of those two extensions at the time and I found myself going back to use uBlock. It seems to give me a better streaming experience. Also uBlock block pages redirect attempts that Adguard miss.

They are both very good at what they do.

"Today is yesterday's future - Carpe diem"

Unauthorized Alien
    Participant
    AU
    I’ve used Adguard for roughly 6 month and uninstalled the program. There was 1 problem i had experienced. When using Firefox, some websites didn’t load, they would hang. Got to the point i would rather just use uBlock Origin. So that’s my experience with Adguard
    danielson
    Participant
    none
    Appreciate your feedback folks!

uBlock Origin works just fine for me.

Don’t like to install/uninstall for nothing.

Especially when it involves alot of coding to remove if dissatisfied.

Alexhousek
    Participant
    I tried Ublock Origin and had to quickly uninstall it.  I use My Yahoo for a home page.  As such, it uses widgets that are essentially RSS feeds.  When using Ublock, all the widgets/RSS feeds failed to show.  I couldn’t figure out how to allow these RSS feeds (Widgets) to show.  So, after 30-45 minutes of trying to figure it out, I gave up.  I’m going back to Adblock Plus for now.
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.