Drops of wisdom…

Forums Off-Topic Drops of wisdom…

Participant
    AU
    About those that trolls you.

I believe that Machiavelli said:
    I don’t care if people speak bad about me, as long as they speak of me.

S B Saraswati said:
    There is no harsher punishment than to be ignored.

More so for attention seekers fellas…

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Absolutely, I totally agree!  Just ask our marketing department, we don’t have to spend a dime ;).

I just think everyone is getting really, really tired of their antics and it is time that their trolling comes to an end.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

Dan: Absolutely, I totally agree!  Just ask our marketing department, we don’t have to spend a dime ;).

So you are catching up with this guy:

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Hehehe, not like that… I am just happy that people are finding out about VS ;).
    TerrakionSmash
    Participant
    Through the streisand effect?
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Actually, through the karma effect.
    SudoJudo
    none
    Karma always catches up.

Speaking of which, can someone tell those clowns that run MalwareTips to delete my account? (SlyGuy) I will never login or post over there again, so they can just be done and delete it. I blacklisted MT domains on my router to make sure I am not tempted to login or visit.

A couple days ago they raised my warning level from 10% to 81% in one day and the posts they cited for rules violations didn’t actually have any rule violations in them AT ALL. When asked them to point out specific rule violations they couldn’t actually do and it just kept saying to review the rules. (LOL) A few trends I noticed about MT – people that defend VoodooShield over there don’t last. People that expose intelligence operations and methods (and more importantly defenses) don’t last. Criticize the CIA, NSA, Mossad/Unit8200 and you won’t last. They have an agenda over there but work to keep the agenda from being publicly disclosed.

VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU
    About Drops of Wisdom original post starting phrase:

“About those that trolls you.” 

This was a poor choice of words as I envisioned a discussion, exchange, of quotes from all walk of life experiences that could benefits us all.

In retrospective I would very much delete the opening phrase as the direction this topic is going could very quickly escalate into achieving the opposite effect.

Please do not take offence, I understand the meaning of calling a spade a spade, there is value in that. Not the topic I intended to promote though.

If all agree we may split this thread into two topics:

*Drops of Wisdom.

*Calling a spade a spade.

Or just delete it, my mistake after all.

Sincerely,

VecchioS

gorblimey
    Participant
    none
    Thou shalt not post before Caffeination.  The punishment for this offence is describing your Core i5 as 2400Mhz instead of 3.1GHz.  2400 is just a number and you are forbidden to worry about it.

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    VecchioScarpone
    Participant
    AU

gorblimey: Thou shalt not post before Caffeination.  The punishment for this offence is describing your Core i5 as 2400Mhz instead of 3.1GHz.  2400 is just a number and you are forbidden to worry about it.

Don’t know which make me laugh more, your quote or your Signature.

Hard pick…

Geri123
    Participant
    none
    @SudoJudo If they live in the usa I can totally understand why they would want to avoid any problems with 3letter agency’s.
    How did spilling “secrets” worked out for the last person who did it in public…
    Not saying that this is right but I could understand it…
    If Dan is ok with it maybe start posting stuff here?

SudoJudo
    none

Geri123: @SudoJudo If they live in the usa I can totally understand why they would want to avoid any problems with 3letter agency’s.
    How did spilling “secrets” worked out for the last person who did it in public…
    Not saying that this is right but I could understand it…
    If Dan is ok with it maybe start posting stuff here?

Good point. It was pretty clear they were having influence exerted over them. Especially when I pointed out that Heilig Defense was a CIA front (w/evidence). That got me a major warning tick and the post was completely deleted. I can see spilling state secrets, that’s one thing, but pointing out what is readily available so people can make informed decisions? That’s actual suppression of information that could be important for forum members to make informed decisions. However in all cases, they couldn’t cite any specific rules violations whatsoever.

So I would be very careful over there based on that. Also posting credentials, security profiles, and personal details is likely going to get you nicked with some active surveillance from that place.

Remember, their so-called Giveaways require  you to not only post identifying system/security information, but to also give them access to your social media. Effectively datamining exactly who you are, where you are, and what security/hardware you use. They call that public domain intelligence mining.

• This reply was modified 3 hours, 26 minutes ago by SudoJudo.
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.