AV-Comparatives : Business Security Test August-September 2019

Forums Networking & Cybersecurity Malware Labs Professional Lab Test Results AV-Comparatives AV-Comparatives : Business Security Test August-September 2019

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very cool, thank you Krusty!  Are the forums organized okay, or do you guys have any recommendations on how we can better structure them?
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU
    Hey Dan,

All good!  The only thing I can think of is that there are so many forums and sub-forums that I hope I can find the correct place to post.  😉

Cheers,
    Krusty

faircot
    Participant
    Probably too many forums, Dan. The design makes it difficult to navigate the site easily.

Good initiative though!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by faircot.
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Yeah, I could probably remove some of the forums… what do you guys have in mind?
    gorblimey
    Participant
    none
    (Lose) General Software, General Hardware, Mobile & Iot, and Video Games.

We could probably work without Cybersecurity, but it is a place we can discuss current and emerging threats.

And yes I know we have posts in Software and in Hardware.

I do like the “Latest” column in the overviews, showing us where the activity is.

I’m in two minds about the Blog Posts…

Do we need a Tag facility? Or, can this facility be fleshed out a bit with perhaps a pre-built tag list? That perhaps could be user-edited? OTOH, if all we’re here for is to discuss VS & WC the maybe tags are superfluous.

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very cool, thank you for the suggestions!  We can modify things as we go.  I am not at all familiar with forums and blogs, and how they should be designed, so we will certainly need to make some changes.
    Krusty
    Participant
    AU

Dan: Yeah, I could probably remove some of the forums… what do you guys have in mind?

Perhaps for an example, under “Cyber Security Software”, we could lose all the sub-forums.   AVs are constantly being bought, sold, changing hands and retired.  No need for specific boards for each AV / AM product.  You’ve added boards for VoodooShield and WhitcCloud there as well as elsewhere. Under “Professional Lab Test Results”, same.  CyberSecurity Hardware, same.  Do we need a bunch of boards to post about hardware?

Maybe just simplify a little.

Thanks.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Very cool, thank you guys for the suggestions!
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.