Always on top bugged

Participant
    PT
    Hey there,

I disabled always on top, but it has no effect.

also, doesn’t even hide in fullscreen apps. tested with chrome/youtube, and watching a movie on VLC.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by pkillpeers.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    Oops, thank you for catching that!  This is fixed for the next release, which should be in a day or 2.  Please check it to make sure it is working as expected.

BTW, please remember that when VS calls TopMost, it will stay TopMost until another window calls TopMost, which does not happen that often.  So to test, just make sure you are running an app that actually calls TopMost.  Otherwise, if VS is the last to call TopMost, and you start Chrome, VS will stay on top… until another windows actually calls TopMost.  I hope that makes sense, but if not please let me know.

gorblimey
    Participant
    none
    Hey thanks for that explanation Dan.

We’re so used to the window with focus pushing all other windows down the “stack” that we can’t get our heads around windows that “won’t go away”!

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]
    Dan
    Keymaster
    US

gorblimey: Hey thanks for that explanation Dan.

We’re so used to the window with focus pushing all other windows down the “stack” that we can’t get our heads around windows that “won’t go away”!

I know exactly what you mean!  Thank you!

pkillpeers
    Participant
    PT
    thanks Dan, i’ll let you know 🙂
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.