Reply To: Every Child Process Needs to be Scanned No Matter What it’s started by

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions Every Child Process Needs to be Scanned No Matter What it’s started by Reply To: Every Child Process Needs to be Scanned No Matter What it’s started by

Dan
    Keymaster
    US

gorblimey: Two things attracted me to VS:

It does one thing only.

Its utter simplicity.

I’ve only got one thing to wish for, that the main alert popup (and also the little notification) should pop up on top and smack dead center of the screen.  This is because very often I’m in a Galaxy Far Far Away, and may not see the recall notice immediately.

Apart from those two items, I have always been satisfied that VS will detain and interrogate any process not on its whitelist: I was delighted when I needed to use elevated privileges (SuRun) to clean a HDD the other day, and VS was very concerned about the Command Prompt starting as Admin, and then running  Diskpart 🙂  [VS often questions SuRun.  Just doing its job.]

The beaut part is that VS doesn’t actually need to “scan” anything.  It can, and has always been able to work independently.  I’m satisfied that VS as it is now will detect any spawned process, and query it, regardless of the depth of ancestry.

Thank you for the compliments and suggestions!  The user prompts should already be on top, but if they are not please let me know.  Also, we can either create an option for the user prompt placement, or simply make it movable, and it would remember its position for the next time.  Which of these would you guys prefer?