Reply To: Vulnerability in Windows Disclosed by…an Agentcy. (Phoney Certificates)

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions Vulnerability in Windows Disclosed by…an Agentcy. (Phoney Certificates) Reply To: Vulnerability in Windows Disclosed by…an Agentcy. (Phoney Certificates)

GrDukeMalden
    Participant
    US
    My main concern is that one setting by the name of: “automatically allow items that match a digital signature in the whitelist snapshot.”

How does that setting work? I’ve had it turned off for a long time. Because if all it takes for something to be allowed is a digital signature of something allowed previously, that’s a problem. A bad actor could just spoof a digital signature of something that tons of people use and slap that phoney signature on malware and VS would allow it, right?

I don’t like windows defender. The setup I have in my signature is heavier, yes, but I like having something like SecureAplus to go with VS. Two products that always get 5/5 star ratings from AVLab

I’ve also had the option to “automatically deactivate after (X-number) minutes of system idle” off since I started using the paid version of VS.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by GrDukeMalden. Reason: I'm uncertain of something I stated
    |VPN(paid)| VoodooShield(Paid)| SecureAPlus(Paid,Pro)| SandboxiePlus, By Xanasoft| HitManPro.ALERT!(Paid)|