Reply To: An initiative to fight against fake tech support scams.

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions An initiative to fight against fake tech support scams. Reply To: An initiative to fight against fake tech support scams.

Dan
    Keymaster
    US
    It’s funny that you mention this… just today I had a CRAZY encounter with a tech support scammer.  He tricked a client of mine into calling them with a fake popup, and then locked his computer with Lock My PC 4.6.  So we talked to the guys for about 45 minutes and finally convinced them to give us the password.

BTW, a few people are trying 5.53c… if it all goes well I will post the version later tonight.  Or you can probably guess the url ;).

Anyway, I think the bug has to do with odd file types that are not covered by WLC.  And when WLC encounters these files, it puts it in a loop.  So I think we are getting close, and then I will fix the other couple of things, and we should be good to go!  Sorry this is taking so long… it is actually going better than I expected, especially considering how many moving parts and new code we are working with here.  Thank you guys!