Reply To: VoodooShield 5.50

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum VoodooShield Releases VoodooShield 5.50 Reply To: VoodooShield 5.50

gorblimey
    Participant
    none

Triple Helix: Do we have to check the Boxes in the Firewall list in WLC?

Good question from my POV. I only have v4.70 (which works bloody beautifully Dan 🙂 ), but I’d assume the boxes are to insert rules for Windows Firewall. My assumption would be that you need to check the boxes to make the rule.

I did look very hard at Glasswire, but they were not considering multi-user boxes at the time, and I was pointed to WFC which I now use. So I don’t know what Glasswire’s default ruleset is. You need to establish what the default Glasswire ruleset is, whether “deny outbound” or “deny inbound” (which is also the MS default). IF I was using WLC, I would check the outbound boxes for those that actually need outbound (which most don’t) and let WFC look after the rest.

And yes, I do think Dan could add a clarification to the VS GUI on this matter, or put it into “How Whitelist Cloud works”…

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]