Reply To: How to configure VoodooShield for best performance and security

Forums VoodooShield Support Forum General VoodooShield Discussions How to configure VoodooShield for best performance and security Reply To: How to configure VoodooShield for best performance and security

gorblimey
    Participant
    none
    Hokay.ย  Question says

How to configure VoodooShield

and

best performance and security

So, second bit first:

If you’re working as Admin, DON’T. Make yourself a LUA, local user account. Then get Surun, which allows secure privilege elevation in a local context, similar to the *nix “sudo“.ย  And, as with sudo, use surun only for specific tasks, then exit.

Now, always install from Admin, this allows you to easily set apps “for all users“.ย  And uninstall from Admin also.

Make sure VS has been installed as Admin, then set it up in each of your accounts.

Now the first bit, second:

Part of the setup will have been done already as part of the install, the snapshots.

This bit is “personalisation”. My setup is “Smart Mode | Agressive“. BTW, I’m still using v4.70 ๐Ÿ™‚

Basic Setup

Advanced Setup

Utility Setup

Web Management

You’ll note that I don’t use the remote analysis. My reasoning is that if a program is queried, the info already presented is enough to let me make an informed decision. If I don’t recognise the parent or app name, it will be zapped. Of course, this is a choice YOU will have to make: I just like instant gratification ๐Ÿ™‚ so I don’t want the small internet delay ๐Ÿ™ Most of my important software is legacy, and some wiggling is needed to train VS, but after it has been set, I can forget…

The only other security soft I use is Windows Firewall with Windows Firewall Control. This is also set to “Default Deny all outbound” (except for some necessary Windows functions).

Enjoy.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by gorblimey.

Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic. [Florence Ambrose, "Freefall"]